User Tag List

Thread: Please help with chartboost set up for testing and deployment.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help with chartboost set up for testing and deployment.

Hey sorry to bother you, i'm legit going crazy at the moment. I have spent 8 months developing an android game which is now ready to be released.

The other day i released it but Chartboost wasn't working. I didn't test to see if it was working before going live, because i planned on doing it when it was live as i wasn't told otherwise, but none the less chartboost wasn't working when it went live. I have the chartboost object in the game where ads will be played and I have set it up to run video ads when a button is clicked. I have signed up with chartboost and got ap i.d. and ap signature implemented in the game so logically it should work. I have followed multiple tutorials to make sure its set up right.

However when I released my app the other day i couldn't see any ads. After doing some research it seems like i have to go to chartboost download a file and drag the file somewhere in the game but it's not explained anywhere on how to do that. Where do you drag the chartboost file, and how do I do it? There was a video on youtube which people were following but that's been deleted so i'm lost at what to do, there is legit no help online for this problem. I'm using windows, not a mac if that matters because all the posts i can find on this subject are with mac users.

Could someone please leave a detailed step by step tutorial on how to setup chart boost for testing and deployment. There is nothing online telling me how to do it. Here are a couple threads i have followed on how to set it up but they dont help at all.

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/94969-Updated-Tutorial-for-Chartboost
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/94969-Updated-Tutorial-for-Chartboost/page5
    I have even followed a guide from chart boost them selves on setting up the game for ads. https://answers.chartboost.com/en-us/articles/200780549

Please note i know nothing about coding, that's why i'm using click team fusion 2.5 and not actually coding the game from scratch, so if there are some things i have to do in code, please be really really specific on what to do. I'm very sorry to bother anyone with this, but i'm very desperate for some answers on what to do. I look forward to anyone's help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i think figured out the issue, i believe it had something to do with placing the chartboost object on the starting frame of the game for some reason. After that chartboost seemed to recognize the apk file or whatever and its now working.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wonder why, i have example where it is located at frame 4 and still working.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...