User Tag List

Thread: App screen sizes to fit every display formats

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

App screen sizes to fit every display formats

Well, i'm trying to get the best method possible to create a responsive app that will not distort my graphics. The Fit Inside and adjust windows is not good enough as it will distort the app on some résolutions.

For example, an app made on 480x320 to fit the 3:2 screens will be stretched to fit a 1280x720 (16:9 format) screen on the vertical axis and then the frame view will be adjusted to 1280.
    the problem is that to go from 320 to 720, the ratio is 2.25. And I've tested every combination on that, and the ratio must be 1.5 or 2 or 2.5 or 3, etc.… and Nothing else to keep the true aspect.

The Adjust window option seems to be a better option, but what if a screen resolution is very big? For example, if i set the defaut screen size to 480x320 for 3:2 and someone runs the app on a screen of Samsung S10 (3040 × 1440). The app will show a frame of that size?

The best option should be to be able to stretch the frame to the max ratio that doesn't distort the app, and then adjust window to fit the blank spaces with a larger frame view. Isn't that possible ?

I've created this image to see all the mobile résolutions i know:
    screen-sizes-all.png

Sorry if it is now fully comprehnsible, English isn't my primary language.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this get's sorted please share or sell. This is a feature sorely needed for all run-times.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    If this get's sorted please share or sell. This is a feature sorely needed for all run-times.
    I've found someting that seems to fit pretty good all screens I've tested.

The key is to ignore the 480x320 screen size. This is an old resolution not used that much today, so I've set my app to 853*480 (16:9), use fint Inside and adjust windows, and if you check my picture on the first post, the 16:9 (red) is the only size that links to every other sizes! And it works! The app on a 480x320 (3:2) works, but it's not as pretty as the other résolutions. But who cares? it's a resolution used by old devices! This works for IPhone X, Samsung S8 and S10.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Share

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a basic visual example i made, it will help to understand the "fit inside and adjust option".

The mfa's are made for portrait but for landscape apps/games its the same concept