User Tag List

Thread: How do I get the Window 'Type'

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I get the Window 'Type'

Hi all, I am attempting to get the 'type' of an open window. Specifically, if the window is a 'file explorer' window or not.

I have managed to get the windows titles using the 'Windows Foreground Object' but I cant find anyway of detecting if the window is just a regular window (program) or one that belongs to the explorer.exe family.(File explorer)

What is more, there doesn't seem to be anyway of determining the difference from the title alone as the titles of a File Explorer window are automatically assigned by Windows as the name of the current directory. Eg c:/myDirectory window would have the title 'myDirectory'.

Is there any way I can do this? I looked at the Kernel object and the possibility of executing some message in the console but I cant figure any of it out.

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I used a little app called WinLister which displays all the classes of my windows. It seems that the class of all File Explorer windows is 'CabinetWClass'

Although reaching this point was a miracle, from that point on it was quite easy.

I used the 'Get And Set Window' extension to just check if the class of the forefront window matched 'CabinetWClass'. If it does then I know that this particular window an explorer window. Unfortunatley you seem to have to set it to the forefront to make the check but in my case this wasn't an issue.

Hoorah.