User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Play Games Achievements bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any devices with android above 8 version at the moment, so I can't help with testing, but so far I've never encountered any problems or complaints from users regarding my Google achievements, and all I do is unlock them, without verifying if they've been already unlocked or not.

Basically, whenever the right conditions are met (even if that happens multiple times), I unlock the achievement and I copy paste its id from the developer console. By the way, are you sure that you have the proper achievement id in your events? I'm seeing that your achievement in your screenshot has a dash (-) in the middle, while my achievements all have an underscore (_) in the middle. It would seem really strange if your achievement ids were so fundamentally different from mine. Here is an example of one of my achievement ids: CgkI8dOq_4wIEAIQAw

If you wrote the id by hand, by any chance, you can click on the achievements in the google play console and then you can copy paste the id so that there are no mistakes. You say that it used to work before, so if there really is something wrong with the id, could it be that you changed your code recently, when you started having these issues?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh, good point must be underscore.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i previously said, never got the problem on Android version before 8. Seems to happen only on Android 8 and above. The trick Fernando gave to me fixed the bug on my Nokia 3.1, but someone with Android 9 and a Huaway P20 Pro still get the bug and i still receive complains from the reviews.

My achievements are all using "-" and not the underscore (see Screenshot below).
    gpgp-achs.png

What i can confirm for people who have the bug, it's that using their account on my device allow me to correctly unlock their achievements one for all, and on their own device, they still unlock in the game but it seems there is no connexion with Google Play Games. In my app, i activate the achievements group only if the player is authenticated into its GPG account.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a mobile with problems that you can test on? If so, could you make a simple test without any loops or verifications, in which you just unlock an achievement and that's it? Don't verify if it's already been done, just have the game 'unlock' the achievement every time you enter it. Normally, it should only happen once. If it does only happen once, then it means what changed is not related to the GPG object itself, but to the way in which the new Clickteam engine interprets the loops and verifications that you built around the GPG condition.

I'm asking you this because in my game, all I do is unlock the achievements, and as far as I know, I haven't received complaints so far, regarding the cloud achievements.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    can you show me the image for one of the above achievements to see how they are configured?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeean_lion View Post
    Do you have a mobile with problems that you can test on? If so, could you make a simple test without any loops or verifications, in which you just unlock an achievement and that's it? Don't verify if it's already been done, just have the game 'unlock' the achievement every time you enter it. Normally, it should only happen once. If it does only happen once, then it means what changed is not related to the GPG object itself, but to the way in which the new Clickteam engine interprets the loops and verifications that you built around the GPG condition.

I'm asking you this because in my game, all I do is unlock the achievements, and as far as I know, I haven't received complaints so far, regarding the cloud achievements.
    How much donwload do you have? I have near 1.000.000 downloads and maybe that's Why i have so much complains.

The only device where i got the bug was my Nokia 3.1 When i updated it to Android 9. Since i did the second "read all" didn't seems to get any bug, i'll try to create a debug where i manually unlock achievements to check with your method (i was using it at first and got bugs with the first try on my own device, it's Why i created this verification).

--

Here is the detail of one of the achievements:
    gpg-single.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a little over 800.000 downloads, but it's true that I only have 5 achievements on Cloud, and by the time you'd replay the game, you might forget that you already got it the first time, since the game is very long. It is theoretically possible that someone will complain about it in the following weeks, since I only updated with the new version of Fusion a few days ago. I would test it myself, but I don't have any android 9 phones.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    unless there is a problem in play games application in android 9, using their API and granted that you won't do it several times will do even if unlock teh same achievements several times shoudl not cause any issues according to google, but all depends on them.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem on my Nokia 3.1 running Android 9, so i Don't know what's wrong for some players, all my test devices works fine with achievements.
    Do i need to remove the verification and the "read all" and just set the unlock action When requirement is validated? Every unlock is on a "run this event once" so can't be looped on the frame.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my app, I only use 'read all' before I need to display the achievements, or retrieve their status. I don't do it before I unlock, and it hasn't created problems for me so far.

Also, could you chime in on this thread for a second? https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105592-New-error-report-appeared-since-I-built-my-app-with-version-292-4/page2

It's about one of the crashes that you were talking about in this thread: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105423-Is-anyone-familiar-with-these-in-app-purchase-errors

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast