User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Google Play Games Achievements bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've tried to remove my achievements verifications (and I've also removed the "read all" event). And people who get the achievements to unlock everytime now get the app to crash:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException
    Extensions.CRunGPGAchievement$AchievementLoadCallb ack.onResult
    at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.Asserts.che ckState (Unknown Source:11)
    at com.google.android.gms.games.achievement.Achieveme ntEntity.getFormattedCurrentSteps (Unknown Source:9)
    at Extensions.CRunGPGAchievement$AchievementLoadCallb ack.onResult (CRunGPGAchievement.java:403)
    at Extensions.CRunGPGAchievement$AchievementLoadCallb ack.onResult (CRunGPGAchievement.java:356)
    at com.google.android.gms.common.api.internal.BasePen dingResult$CallbackHandler.handleMessage (Unknown Source:10)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:214)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6981)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsC aller.run (RuntimeInit.java:493)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1445)
    I'll put some code to make the achievements to unlock only ONE time until the game is relaunched using global values (hope it doesn't affect the perfs too much).

I Don't know how to find the problem as i Don't have it and not everybidy has it. Maybe it's a problem of permission? People get the achievement to pop in their game but Nothing is unlocked on their Google Play Games profile. So for me it's a problem of communication.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've made a test on my Nokia 3.1 running Android 9, I've unlocked a new achievement with the version that makes the game to crash on some devices, and i get it to unlock each time i go back to the frame with the achievements event.
    Bug that i Don't have on my Samsung J3 running Android 5.

I'm adding "Read achievement ID" after every single unlock to see if it fix the problem as it fix it for me on my Nokia 3.1. I'm also using global strings to prevent the ach to unlock a second time until the game is restarted. It will avoid some complains.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Could it be that you are waiting for unlock results and at the same time you are leaving the frame?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Could it be that you are waiting for unlock results and at the same time you are leaving the frame?
    I Don't leave the frame until the pop-up vanish, and When i display the achievements lsit, i can see that the achievement is not unlocked.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've connected another Google Play Games account to my game so it will unlock the achievements I've already unlocked on my save file, and it makes the game to crash… Maybe because it must unlock a lot of achievements at the same time instead of creating a queue of the actions.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you grad a logcat from this devices when crash zip ina file and post here for me to check, thanks in advance
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait wait wait, I've never seen a crash log like that before, even if I've been using GPG for 2 years and I have over 800k downloads. There has to be something fundamentally different in the way we're using the cloud achievements, otherwise I can't explain it. Do you have the latest version of the GPG object installed? (the one updated for Gradle)

Are you absolutely sure that there is no way the code tries to unlock achievements when you're not connected to Google Play games? Did you try to make a simple frame where it just unlocks one achievement when you enter the frame and nothing more? I'm talking about removing not only the verifications and reads, but also all of your loops and every other thing you've got going there. A simple test where you log in to GPG in one frame, and then you go to a different frame which unlocks the achievement. Then do that again a few times, and see if it still crashes on your Nokia. I have plenty of users with Android 9, and none of them have had any cloud achievement related crashes, despite the fact that I am doing absolutely no verifications. There has to be some sort of difference in the way we coded the achievements or built the apps. That's why I suggested making a test version and removing every single piece of code you have surrounding the achievements, leaving only the most basic of actions (unlock achievement with id X ). That way we can at least figure out if the difference between our two apps is coming from the code, or from the way you built it.

Do you have a screenshot of the code you used when the app crashed on the Nokia?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already tried to use the simpliest methode ever:
    - condition is ok: unlock id
    but it doesn't work for people having the bug I've mentionned in this post.

So i've made a second method:
    - condition is ok: unlock id + read id
    But as i have 20 achievements, i think this method was better but crashed the game for tos people (too much read at the same time i guess).

I've tried the second method on my phone, with a fresh GPG account and the game crashed, but it still unlocked the achievements. So i know how to avoid that: achievement state verification (like i do on iOS as Apple recommand to do so).
    With my verification i Don't try to unlock already unlocked achievements so there is less data usage made by the app.

I'm trying another methode using my verification and the Read ID (i was using read all after every unlock before). But as before, it works fine for me on my Nokia, i Don't know Why it doesn't work for some people and i can't find any relation, i just know that the achievements pop in game but are not Registered into heire GPG account. If i use their account on one of my phone it correctly unlock the achievements on their account.

PS: with the first two method, i Don't use "read all" at all, so maybe it's Why the game crash. On my previous version, achievements are available to unlock only When the read all is over (because of my verification system).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the last method (i'm pushing those updates into the beta channel so i'm not ruining my game reputation, and get immediate results), haven't published it yet.

Sans titre.jpg
    @Nemeean_lion
    What is your game? i can ask one of my player to unlock one achievement on your game to see if it works if there is an easy achievement to test.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umgames.magium , but the 'easiest' achievement is in chapter 6 of book 1. It takes me 3 minutes to speed run all the way there when I know the game by heart, but getting there while following instructions could take 20 minutes or more, so it might be asking for a bit too much patience from your users.

Looking at your code, the only thing that comes to mind is that I always do the log in to google play games by using the 'log in with ui box' and you are using 'log in with default account'. I remember that the reason why I was using this specific way to log in to cloud was because the other ways of logging in were causing me problems (although I don't remember exactly what they were).

The log in with ui box only asks to select a username the very first time when you install the app, and then it will keep logging you in with the same one automatically, so in my opinion, it's better than logging in with the 'default account', especially if the user wants to log in with a different user than his default one. It is also possible that some devices don't have a clear 'default account', because of the way they are set up, so maybe the game selects a different account every time, or maybe it doesn't select it properly, which causes it to remain in a state of limbo, and to continuously show you the achievement pop up without actually unlocking anything.

Could you try the log in with ui box option as a test and see if it changes anything?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast