User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Play Games Achievements bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Play Games Achievements bug

Some of my players are encountering an issue with GPG achievements where the sames achievements unlock everytime When they come back to the game menu (it's where i handle every achievements).

I've Added a security where the game check if the achievement is already unlocked or not before to unlock it but it seems to doesn't work for everybody (for me it works fine).

On iOS it's easier, but on Android i need to add some steps where i need to retrieve the INDEX of each achievement. It seems weird to me because each achievement has an unique ID, Why we can't use it like in iOS? Thoses indexes seems to come from nowhere and could be the Reason of the bug…
    Why we can unlock the same achievement in a loop, there is no security to prevent that issue? It seems really Strange to me that a same achievement can be unlocked more than 1 time.

This is how i recover each achievement index and check its state before to unlock it. What is the best method to use? Does the INDEXES are the same for everybody?
    Attachment 26409

By the way, the help file is really messed up, it's really confusing:
    Attachment 26410

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the hand on the Google account of one of my players that has the bug, it's simple, the achievements aren't saved on the profile! It seems that the unlock achievement do the trick only temporary, but Don't save the state online for some Reason.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    and what google say about this, since they are responsible to save the unlocked achievements
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    and what google say about this, since they are responsible to save the unlocked achievements
    As i Don't know what is responsible for this bug i Don't know who to blame. I saw for this player that reinstalling the game unlocked the achievements that were looping, but When he unlocked a new one, this one wasn't Registered on his GPG profile and started to loop too.

By the way:
    -Am i using the correct method to verify if an achievement is already unlocked or not?
    -Can't we update the extension to make this easier by checking an achievement state with it's ID instead of that Strange Index?
    -What about the help file that is misleading?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    sorry i can't see your attachments
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the files:

CF method for GPG achs check:
    achs-system.png

Help file misleading:
    gpg-achs.jpg

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe there is Something to change in GPG to makes it to work fine with all the latest Android versions?
    Actually the achievement pop in the game but are not Registered online so the GPG app Doesn't show the unlock achievements, and ingame, the achievement pop and pop again… I'm getting bad reviews because of that bug.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    did you check if the activation is doing more than once

do me a favor select all your events copy and paste in an editor you must see the whole list, zip and send it to me to verify your flow
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    did you check if the activation is doing more than once

do me a favor select all your events copy and paste in an editor you must see the whole list, zip and send it to me to verify your flow
    Well you can see in my Screenshot how i do the check, and yes it is made only once.
    It is working fine on old version of Android, but i can reproduce the bug on my device running Android 9.
    It seems the bug happens since Android 8.1, if i correctly remember the achievements was unlocking fine on my device When it was running Android 8. There is definitly Something that doesn't work with Android 8.1/9.

Ah and i'm sorry but i Don't understand what you're asking me to do exactly.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so the question here is: are younot deactivating and activating this group during the life of this frame, since this will keep this reading.

I see that you ask to unlock this achievement but you don't check if the achievements is unlocked and avoid this to be unlocked again and again

so if this is all you code seems to missing some verification part

what I want from you is this

see attachment zip as example
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast