User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Framerate question for mobile games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    Oh, sorry! ("Delta") is the object that I put the values in. Totally forgot to mention that.
    Ah, lol, i understand now!
    But how to use that with plateform movement object? I could use it easely for the enemies movements and other things that i control the X and Y position, but there is some parts where i Don't know how to use it. (it's more likely to test what it will change in my game)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    Ah, lol, i understand now!
    But how to use that with plateform movement object? I could use it easely for the enemies movements and other things that i control the X and Y position, but there is some parts where i Don't know how to use it. (it's more likely to test what it will change in my game)
    You can use it for almost anything that involves adding or subtracting a number.

As for PMO, my best guess is that you'd have to multiply the variables by the delta value when you need to, but I couldn't guarantee that this would work well. Not much experience with PMO over here. I'd recommend making a custom platform movement with events, or even a hybrid of events and the default bouncing ball movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    You can use it for almost anything that involves adding or subtracting a number.

As for PMO, my best guess is that you'd have to multiply the variables by the delta value when you need to, but I couldn't guarantee that this would work well. Not much experience with PMO over here. I'd recommend making a custom platform movement with events, or even a hybrid of events and the default bouncing ball movement.
    Actually i'm doing what you told, deactivate events not used and reactivate them on demand. Didn't knew it would be fast enough to be used in almost everything in my game and it help to save a lot of framerate!
    You Don't like PMO? I use it for all my plateform games and i also use Move Safely 2 for the enemies.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    Actually i'm doing what you told, deactivate events not used and reactivate them on demand. Didn't knew it would be fast enough to be used in almost everything in my game and it help to save a lot of framerate!
    You Don't like PMO? I use it for all my plateform games and i also use Move Safely 2 for the enemies.
    Hey, it's good to hear that it made a difference. It's interesting how a few small changes can make things run much better.

I don't dislike PMO, but that's all about personal preference. In general, I try to use as few extensions as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2