User Tag List

Thread: Easing and Moveit object breaks joints?!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easing and Moveit object breaks joints?!

Hello,
    i have a problem that i dont really understand why it happens.
    So the story is, basically i need a main object that is in the physics space that i can joint other physics objects to it but this main object should not be affected by the gravity of the other objects and be moveable. I found this physics - background movement, its nearly perfect, no gravity, can be moved with set position, works with other physics objects and joints, so good so far.
    Now my issue is, as you see in my example you can move the blue main object around with WASD keys and everything else follows, but if i use the easing or the moveit object and move to a target position, the other objects do not follow anymore, and thats what i dont understand.
    Why does moving the physics background with set position work fine but with the easing and moveit object it breaks the joints? You could expect easing and moveit does not work at all if there is an issue, but thats not the case it works fine only the other things that have to follow break? WHY?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to *why* it doesn't do it... I'm not sure. I imagine it's something to do with how those extensions actually move objects vs the built in system but without looking at the source of those extensions I couldn't confidently say.

But the good news is you can fix this with one line:

This won't affect the speed or the movement of the object (it may be offset slightly by 1 pixel in each direction but in motion it's not noticeable) and the joints/pins will follow along

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa!!! Thanks works perfect I would never have thought about that LoL^^