User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One frame rate bug. 60 FPS impossible without virtual mouse present.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should also check what's wrong with the keyboard on UWP, as a keyboard is a standard on computer, the fact that it doesn't register every hit is a real problem, my UWP version has the worst evaluations because of the poor framerate and the keyboard issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    You should also check what's wrong with the keyboard on UWP, as a keyboard is a standard on computer, the fact that it doesn't register every hit is a real problem, my UWP version has the worst evaluations because of the poor framerate and the keyboard issues.
    Have you tried doing the desktop bridge thing? This would give you the opportunity to use the key object. It's far more responsive than the default keyboard stuff.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, i haven't tested it, Don't know if it will works with Xbox extensions as i'll need to create a Windows EXE from clickteam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can at least confirm that the Xbox gamepad object works in a Windows EXE. Considering that desktop bridge would solve your problems if it works, it's definitely worth testing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I come back to this FPS problem, with build 292.8 beta:
    - i can reach 60FPS on the main menu of my game with no problem, it's perfect.
    - In game, because of the X scrolling of my game (endless runner) the FPS can't pass 40. It's always around 35-37FPS MAX.
    - If i hit pause and then stop the X scrolling, the FPS will go to 40FPS.

I have made several improvements that let my game to run really better on android to get a solid 60FPS on all devices, and even on a really old device with poor performances i can get 40FPS max in Game an Menu. So as the menu goes to 60FPS on XBOX, there is something that is creating the FPS issue only in game. I don't see anything really different from the but the scrolling. But we normally should get 60FPS when i pause the game as i stop the scrolling.

On Windows 10 the game runs at 60FPS, it's only on XBOX that i get the FPS issue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dobermann , do you have a bunch of overlap checks that are constantly running? That can bring UWP to its knees.

Also wanted to know if you're getting 60 FPS on the menu without the virtual mouse present. I haven't messed with UWP in awhile.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    @Dobermann , do you have a bunch of overlap checks that are constantly running? That can bring UWP to its knees.

Also wanted to know if you're getting 60 FPS on the menu without the virtual mouse present. I haven't messed with UWP in awhile.
    With CF2.5+ i see nothing that ask too much time. I can run my game on an old Android device with poor hardware with better results!

I don't know how to use this virtual mouse, i've created my own where i just move an active object with the stick, it asks me a lot of hours to add the click action to every button in my game as i need to manually create them. But in the game properties, i disabled everything regarding this virtual mouse, same for each frame.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's fixed?

Anyway, check for an abundance of overlap events. UWP doesn't like those that much.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    So, it's fixed?

Anyway, check for an abundance of overlap events. UWP doesn't like those that much.
    My menu was the most laggy part of my game, and it is now running at 60FPS on UWP and there is a lot of overlap events.
    I've pushed a new update to setup the frame's properties identical between my menu and game frames but MS is taking ages for publishing this new update....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    My menu was the most laggy part of my game, and it is now running at 60FPS on UWP and there is a lot of overlap events.
    I've pushed a new update to setup the frame's properties identical between my menu and game frames but MS is taking ages for publishing this new update....
    What I'm trying to grasp is if you're getting 60 FPS anywhere without the mouse present at all (on XB1). After all, that's what this thread is about.

As for the issue you're having, it sounds like an optimization thing. There's something that's keeping your gameplay frame running low. Check for events that have overlap as the first condition. See if you have 'always' events that are doing too much. Test by deactivating certain events and/or test certain components on an individual basis. You'll eventually find the culprit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast