User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speed problem with Platform Movement for Android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed problem with Platform Movement for Android

I have a problem with Y speed in a Platform Movement with ( PMO ), if I work with big resolution in my Game with big Objects, when my Character Jump or Fall works very Slow! I try with the Max Y (in PMO) increasing Gravity when "Falling" and increasing Jump Strenght when "Jumping" but works so slowly, if my game is running at 120fps is possible to do it nice! but I gotta make it at 60 fps because is Android Game. Is possible increase with 60fps ? thank you a a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capote View Post
    I have a problem with Y speed in a Platform Movement with ( PMO ), if I work with big resolution in my Game with big Objects, when my Character Jump or Fall works very Slow! I try with the Max Y (in PMO) increasing Gravity when "Falling" and increasing Jump Strenght when "Jumping" but works so slowly, if my game is running at 120fps is possible to do it nice! but I gotta make it at 60 fps because is Android Game. Is possible increase with 60fps ? thank you a a lot.
    Can you please share a MFA of your issue, i use PMO for all my Android/iOS games and have no problem with the speed and framerate.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    Can you please share a MFA of your issue, i use PMO for all my Android/iOS games and have no problem with the speed and framerate.
    I have no problem too with a small Character, but my character is super bigger (550p) in a 1920px1080p Resolution Game. This is the size.CharSIZE.jpg
    Thanks for the answer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capote View Post
    I have no problem too with a small Character, but my character is super bigger (550p) in a 1920px1080p Resolution Game. This is the size.CharSIZE.jpg
    Thanks for the answer
    First of, don't use that kind of resolution and sprites size for a mobile game, you'll be limited, a smartphone native resolution in 16/9 should be 720p MAX or for example something like 1024*576 or even smaller.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you might be confusing excessive y movements with the term "slow".
    Does the character appear to "jump" from place to place on it's way down? Or does it actually move slow?

Also, make sure you do not have faulty hotspots in your jumping / falling animation, as it could seem like the speed is changing.

Share your MFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the speed like at the frame 2 but working at 60 fps.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibpwdxxcd6...ement.mfa?dl=0

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First error in your MFA:
    * Always
    Platform Movement object : Set object to Active

You should do that only ONCE for all, with start of frame for example.

And i don't see what's your problem, as you haven't configurated anything for the touch controls, we can't test it on an Android device. But on Windows it's working as it should be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Doberman, was a mistake that Always. The problem is same for windows than Android if I works in 60fps. For Jump is SPACE bar and for move A and D.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's just a configuration on the variables of the PMO object:
    BigOBJECTmovement-fixed.mfa

But you should not do that for Android, use a smaller resolution or your game when it will have sprites and animation will be terribly slow and unplayable on an Android device...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks so much better, very nice!! thank you so much, I would like 1080p because I like to paint and dont want pixels, do you think with the new generation cell phones can be a madness ? I would try to optimize the rest of the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast