User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ Release Notes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never get collision masks to work and just end up using detectors...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    I can never get collision masks to work and just end up using detectors...
    Really? I recently made a whole custom engine using it with ease, it could even make the character colide with things in any layer, including moving ones!
    I don't know, maybe you done something wrong, or it may be having trouble catching up with the character, try to put it inside a fastloop

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking... There are essential things that Fusion still doesn't have... Here's little list:

-If, Else, Else If (I know there are ways of doing something like this, but not in a visually pleasing, lightweight and multi platform way)
    -Comments in conditions and actions, with formatting of course! (having to comment on top or bottom of a event lacks organization, there's a windows extension but I really want it natively)
    -Call Functions (People used a single loop to do this in old widgets, but it's hard to see in the events, and would work great with comments, so you could see what variables it uses and what it does quickly, it's like a modular multi-threaded event)
    -And with functions, would be great to have temporary variables, I mean, like alterable variables for the event exclusively, you could define it in the conditions and it would be used in the conditions below and actions, but without changing any alterable variables from any object... I don't know I was trying some programming languages and it seem to be something that is pretty common!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, with Fusion 2.5+ what is the recommendation regarding large image files inside the mfa? It looks like some stuff has changed in this regard but I'm not sure how to proceed.
    Has anything changed since the Anders's optimization guide?
    If I make a backdrop 512x512 and enlarge it to double its size inside the editor, will the file take more memory?
    Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SevenSails : the size it is in the editor is the size it will be in RAM. you can scale it at runtime to get the same effect without the RAM bloat.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can if it's an active object but not a background then.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenSails View Post
    I can if it's an active object but not a background then.
    I make all my background art out of active objects. I believe (and I could be wrong about this) there is no difference to memory between background and active if you're using hardware acceleration.

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crian View Post
    Also the" Font Embed Object" doesn't work in Direct X 11, moreover If you guys could take the occasion to add it for Mac too, would be a plus!
    Have you heard anything about this getting fixed? After spending WAY too long wondering why my fonts would no longer embed, I came to the realization that it was Direct3D 11... and that's how I came to this post from you. God, it's really frustrating that this is broken...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alxmrg View Post
    Have you heard anything about this getting fixed? After spending WAY too long wondering why my fonts would no longer embed, I came to the realization that it was Direct3D 11... and that's how I came to this post from you. God, it's really frustrating that this is broken...
    Fonts are automatically embeded in DX11 mode, you don't need the Font Embed object for this graphic mode.

What's the problem in your app in DX11 mode? Do you see the fonts when you run your app from Fusion? Do you see them when you run the app as stand-alone app on your machine?

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Fonts are automatically embeded in DX11 mode, you don't need the Font Embed object for this graphic mode.

What's the problem in your app in DX11 mode? Do you see the fonts when you run your app from Fusion? Do you see them when you run the app as stand-alone app on your machine?
    Hi Yves! Sorry if I sounded curt; it took me way too long to troubleshoot last night

After getting your message, and doing some additional testing, I think I've figured out how the automatic embedding of DX11 works.
    You see, I did NOT have the desired font installed on my machine, to emulate the experience of another user who wouldn't have it natively installed. And when working in Standard mode with Font Embed object, that doesn't matter, since the extension does the work for you.

But I see now that when using DX11, in order for Fusion to package the font as part of the .exe, the desired font must be installed in Windows as the build is being created.
    I have since done this, then gone back and deleted the font from the machine, and confirmed that the font is still showing up in the app as expected -- even though the font is no longer official installed on the machine.

Long story short, your time was not wasted, because I probably wouldn't have come to this conclusion without your feedback. I think my trouble was having worked with Font Embed for so long, and thinking in terms of how it worked.

Thanks for the quick reply, and as always, you guys are the best!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21