User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ Release Notes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, i have noticed if i remove all child events from an event, the child "New condition" dialog stays. Is there a way to also remove this?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Hello, i have noticed if i remove all child events from an event, the child "New condition" dialog stays. Is there a way to also remove this?
    Yes, right click "New condition" at the end of the empty block and select "Delete".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, right click on the line number worked, did oversee this.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I can't reproduce any of them, does this happen with any MFA?
    OK, so it looks like something was up with my PC yesterday. For whatever reason, things are a bit better today - maybe Fusion, Steam and/or Windows just needed a restart. I'm not noticing the terrible stuttering during the profiler, and the FPS is not locked at 60fps.

But, there's still framerate locking happening. If I run my game with Framerate set to 999 in properties (or a new MFA, which I've attached, so you can see my settings) in DX9, then I get unlocked framerate (in the case of my game, ~250-~500; in the case of the new MFA, ~999).

But if I run in DX11 mode, my framerate is capped at, or near, the Hz of my monitor. At my monitor's normal setting of 144Hz, I get ~140fps (in both game and new MFA). If I force my monitor to 60Hz, I get ~60fps (also in both). (why I was getting 60fps yesterday I don't know, because I'm pretty sure my monitor was set to 144 then). Please note that I'm using FRAPS to measure framerate - I've always found that much more reliable than Fusion's internal monitor. Also, note that I'm testing in windowed mode in all cases.

Visually, DX11 seems to have a little more microstutter than DX9. I'm pretty sure of this, but it's just based on a quick subjective observation, so take it with a grain of salt.

While I was doing all this, I noticed another thing which is maybe a bug: sending text to the debugger continues to consume a lot of resources, even when the debugger is closed. This single action.......(by the way I just copied and pasted an event from Fusion for the first time - awesome feature!).....

Code:
    * Always
    	 Special : Send Str$(FrameRate) to output window
    ....plummets the framerate of the new near-empty MFA from 1000 to ~380, even when the debugger is collapsed with the - button, or even closed with the X button.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update about the crash with qualifiers: it happens (in the Windows runtime) in frames that have a fade-in transition. We'll fix it asap.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra I get ~700 fps with your example (using the frame rate funtion of Fusion). What does the debugger say about the frame rate? I'm not sure how FRAPS can measure the internal frame rate of the application, doesn't it just measure the display refresh?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hijack thread but is there anyway someone could please update Lookis Saturation shader to dx11 so it can be used in 2.5+? Dx11 works great in my project but it depends on that shader sadly.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    @Volnaiskra I get ~700 fps with your example (using the frame rate funtion of Fusion). What does the debugger say about the frame rate? I'm not sure how FRAPS can measure the internal frame rate of the application, doesn't it just measure the display refresh?
    Well, that's the thing - we don't really want to measure the internal framerate of the application, but the actual number of frames that get displayed. If Fusion generates X frames, but then some of them get dropped or duplicated on the long journey through DirectX to nvidia driver to GPU to monitor, then X frames is no longer accurate. Though having said that, according to this article, FRAPS gets its measurement quite early and close to the game engine (the orange line):

Anyway, according to Fusion's own debugger, with that MFA I get ~800 with DX9, and ~144 in DX11

If it's any help, these are my settings:

EDIT: I thought maybe changing the power management setting from "adaptive" to "prefer maximum performance" might help, but it didn't.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra @Yves : DX11 mode locks the framerate to my monitor Hz too, seems Windows 10 forces Vsync on the app no matter what Fusionís settings are. Btw I get the same behavior/issue in real fullscreen mode on DX9 since the Win10 updates early 2018. Atm, the only mode where I can unlock FR is DX9 windowed.

I donít have dedicated graphics installed. Win 8 and 7 donít have this issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case CT misses it from the other thread, The Surface Object is causing a framerate leak when ever a Surface is resized. Function worked fine in DX9 and was fast, but now broken in DX11. I noticed the frames become more stable if only a portion of the surface is in frame- it might have to do with how its culled.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast