Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ Release Notes

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    A small bug if you delete or add an action the find index is not refreshed.
    Yes, this would require LOT of work, I'm not sure when this can be done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh really. Its not a big deal users can always run the search again to refresh it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually would rather it not refresh instantly. I currently use the list to review lines I have changed. It is simple to press my keyboard shortcut to run the search again if I want to refresh.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Just thought of one feature that could save a lot of time : the possibility to replace objects by other ones in selected lines (or groups) only.
    Like, right click on selected event(s), and have a menu "Replace object(s)".
    I know you can do it for all lines in the EE atm. I can imagine the complexity of this feature as you have to consider all types of objects that could be replaced when lines are selected though...
    I'm aware you guys have a lot of requests (i assume the to-do list must be quite huge now), so maybe an idea to consider for CF3?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I have a suggestion that can make backdrops a lot more useful without being heavyweight as a Active...

Would be nice to have a expression that checks the name of the backdrop that an active is overlaping.
    If added to an action, it would get the name of the overlaping backdrop.

If added in a condition (using "Compare two general values" for example) it would return the overlaping backdrop name
    So you could check and compare the name of the backdrop for special things (like checking if a backdrop supposed to be a one way platform, a slope, os even a dangerous spike, so it could perform diferent actions in a lightweight manner)
    If there's no "Is overlaping backdrop" in a event, it would get the last overlaping backdrop, alternativelly could have a way to count and choose what backdrop name to get (BackdropName; CountOverlapingBackdrops; GetBackdropName(1) )

This could also Collision Mask to get the name of a backdrop in a determined position.
    And of course, this would have to get the name of every backdrop, but only when the expression is used in a condition or action.
    So this way we could have many events like:

Is Active overlaping backdrop?
    Backdrop name = "Jump Through Platform"
    Y Speed > 0
    Set Y Speed: 0
    Set flat "On ground" ON

Is Active overlaping backdrop?
    Backdrop name = "Spike"
    Destroy o
    Subtract 1 Life

-------------------------------------------------

I think this could be useful because using Actives for static things just because of simple functions is overkill...
    If this is too much, it could be simplified as "Is overlaping backdrop named X" (it could actually be even more lightweight than the above, I don't know)
    Or even to add a Qualifier to backdrops, well, it's an idea...
    Please make it happen

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this wouldn't be possible, as at run-time, all backdrops are "pasted" down and would lose any identifiable data attached to them. Of course, only a member of Clickteam can confirm that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    I believe this wouldn't be possible, as at run-time, all backdrops are "pasted" down and would lose any identifiable data attached to them. Of course, only a member of Clickteam can confirm that!
    If this is really what it does, there's another workaround...
    To add a custom obstacle type, of course would be nice being able to name the custom obstacle type (the more the better), but, I would be somewhat happy with at least 3-5 new types (slope, slippery, etc) with that we can't name
    And of course, a way to distinguish it in the events, because I'm pretty sure the way it's implemented right now, only the standard movements can differentiate these types...
    This makes the top of "platform type" be seem as completely solid obstacle for any custom engines...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Suggestion

I was experimenting with the Collision Mask, which is awesome btw
    But, it really become less useful because it can't detect Platforms...
    I mean, it could detect the top of a backdrop as a obstacle at least
    I don't know why but when you check for a active overlaping a platform the top is seem as a solid obstacle, but when you try the same with Collision Mask, it won't detect anything

Here's a mockup of what should do the trick:

Fusion custom obstacle mockup.jpg

Oh, and just to make it a lot easier on the eyes, would be totally awesome to make the Custom Obstacle use the icon of a Qualifier of the same name
    Don't worry, the backdrop don't really need to be seem as a object using the qualifier, is just easier visualization of events
    So backdrops could behave differently than a active with the same "Qualifier" name
    (But if possible to bring full qualifiers to backdrops, would also be incredible)

I can see infinite possibilities with this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does the Collision mask event do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    What does the Collision mask event do?
    You can detect if a pixel of the screen is a obstacle or ladder (any pixel where there are backdrops)
    The special thing about it, is that it can detect no matter in what layer it is, and even if you move the entire layer it works perfectly
    It can be pretty useful for custom engines, enemy physics, level editors, and so on

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast