Some last minute info about 2.5+, known issues, things we are still working on, etc.
Please make sure you've installed the build 292.4. This list doesn't mention the issues that have been fixed in previous builds of the build 292. Also if you use the following extensions, make sure you get the latest version from the extension manager:
Ini++1.5 (previous version was crashing in Load / Save Object functions)
Surface (previous version was not optimized for DirectX 11)
- DirectX 11 full screen: in the first release, the Change Resolution Mode option (or Set Full Screen action) is a fake full screen in DirectX 11 mode, it's more a "Maximize and Stretch mode". We'll make a true full screen mode work in a future update patch, hopefully very soon. If your app needs true full screen mode, then it might be a bit slower than with the previous version until we fix this issue.
- DirectX 11 fonts: the way fonts are managed in this runtime is very different from the other Windows runtimes (see the Fusion 2.5+ DLC section in the documentation). By default Fusion embeds the TTF files of the fonts used in the objects of your application. This means all the fonts you use must be in existing objects. In a future update we'll add options to avoid embedding fonts or add a list of fonts to include.
- DirectX 11 effects: DirectX 9 shaders have to be converted before you can use them with the DirectX 11 runtime. Lots of them have been converted, but not all. Quick documentation for the ones who want to convert shaders to DirectX 11 and already converted shaders here.
- Mac editor: the DirectX 11 mode doesn't work when you run your applications from the editor, don't use it (you can use it when you build Windows EXE's though).
- Active Direct Show object: (this issue is also in the build 292) the build-292 version of this object no longer works on Windows XP (in theory it works on Windows Vista with the latest service packs but I couldn't check). If you need to keep compatibility with Windows XP, you need to install the previous version of this object after you install the build 292 (or above) update patch. Note: if you use this old version in DirectX mode it will work , but video display will be slow.
- Active Picture object: Flip Horizontally and Flip Vertically don't work in DirectX 11 mode. This problem with be fixed in a future update patch.
- Extension developers: the 2.5+ editor runtime is edrtex.exe, if you want to debug your extensions via edrt.exe /Fxxx.ccn, replace edrt.exe by edrtex.exe in the debugging options of VS.
- Qualifiers in global events: avoid using the same qualifier for 2 different object types in the global events (for example qualifier Neutral for both Active and Active System Box objects). This can cause random issues at runtime. We're working on this issue. Just use different qualifiers for different types of objects in the meantime.
- Global events: in a general manner don't move Create Object actions from frame events to global events unless the frame contains the object you create. Otherwise the object will be removed from the frame and the action won't work. If there is no instance of the object in the frame, just create a new one and select "Create at start of frame" in its properties, and then you can move the action to the global events.
- Debugger: the number of alterable values that are displayed in the debugger is 52. This is an error, this problem will be fixed in the build 292.8.