User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird sound glitch at the end of audio clips

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird sound glitch at the end of audio clips

Hello there, i am working with numerous audio files and a few of them seem to produce a weird audio glitch. When the audio finishes, another sound plays, some static sound. It's not to do with my programming because it occurs in the data elements tab when i simply play the audio. I have attached a couple of samples, of course this glitch does not occur naturally in the audio files.

I can fix this problem by re-exporting these audio files but i was just wondering if there is another fix.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f23nb...litch.m4a/file

Thanks so much for the help, Lucas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an option under the application properties for "Optimise 'Play Sample'" - I think I remember someone in another thread mentioning turning this off in case of audio issues.

Otherwise, it might be easier to isolate what's going on with a sample MFA with the sounds embedded in them (I'm guessing the m4a file is recorded from playback in Fusion and not the embedded audio file itself)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find that, don't know if im just being stupid, i have found "compress sounds"?? But that is unchecked.
    I have tried that, it must be something in the audio files themselves.

Thank you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Optimise Samples property is part of 2.5+ DLC.

If you open the files up in an audio editor, you can see they contain the glitches you hear. This isn't a Fusion issue. You will need to edit these out yourself...

Also, how are you playing these? With Fusion's native sound component? As it's an m4a and not an mp3...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering that myself originally - I'm assuming the m4a is a recording of the issue happening in Fusion (across two samples) and not the original sound files themselves

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh I see... Haha thought it was a bit strange there were multiple effects in one. Might be best to post the source audio files to check (and test)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks, the source files contain no glitches, i can guarantee that. This was an audio recording i just recorded manually by playing all the audio files in the data elements menu. I have attached a fusion file that contains an audio file with the glitch. The best way to show off the bug is playing the sound file in fusion. Then extracting the audio file and playing the audio outside fusion.
    Attachment 27177

Thanks, Lucas.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Lucas,

Yes I see the issue now. If you downsample to 16-bit instead of using 24 bits, it works correctly. I will take a look into why 24 bit seems to struggle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot. I think all my sounds are 24bit and most seem to be working, ill check with my sound man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there all 24bit, it is weird that only some audio files are causing the problem. I might submit the mfa to the bug tracker.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast