User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ Global base frame

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Fusion 2.5+ Global base frame

Big thumbs up for the plus version. Loving it, many excellent new features.

The global base frame is so handy. Just one thing that would make my day- If you could extend this a little further in a future version of 2.5+ so that I can create an object (from the global event editor or behavior event editor) that exists in this base frame in any other frame of the application, even when that frame does not contain it in the Frame Editor, this would be as big as child events for me. Well you probably know this already as I ask every time, one more time asking won't hurt
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised to find the global event editor as I didn't know it was a feature. Really, I wasn't even going to get 2.5+ until I read about some of the features a few hours ago. It's a good price point too. If it was more expensive I don't think I would have made the purchase today.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, how we do a global base frame? I need to have common objetcs between all the frames, like a common menu for all the app (the same menu in each frame). Is that the functon of a global base frame?
    Thanks for your help.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High Richard. Even though you make objects global you still need to put them in each frame. Use the Global Event Editor so that you only need to program the events one time.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main purpose of the base frame is to let your global events know the names of objects' alterable values.

The global events aren't connected to any particular frame (obviously - that's what makes them global) which means that they aren't connected to any particular objects.

You *can* reference any objects you want in global events, but by default the global events will not know what their alterable values are called, so it will just call them "alterable value A" etc.

But if you set a global base frame, this 'connects' the global events to a particular frame and the objects in it. So if an object is present in that frame, the global events will now be able to know what the proper names of its alterable values are.

To reiterate, if you want to use the some object across all frames, you must check its "global object" checkbox, and you must place it in the frame editor of every frame you want to use it in. If you want to control that object with just a single, central, set of events, then use the global event editor. And if you want to be able to see the correct non-generic names of that object's altVals while working on those global events, then make sure that object is also present in the frame editor of the base frame.

To make a base frame, go to the properties section of your mfa (not any frames in it, but the root mfa itself). In one of the tabs is a drop down box that lets you set the base frame. You'll need the 2.5+ dlc for this feature.