User Tag List

Thread: Centering iPad App So it Shows Outside of the Frame on Both Sides

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Centering iPad App So it Shows Outside of the Frame on Both Sides

I have a test app with the dimensions of 1242x2688 (in yellow), which fits the iPhone Xr. I am trying to get it to center that width when I run it on an iPad, with purple area to the left and right. For some reason, it won't center the width, even if I have a scrolling event to make it do so. It essentially won't scroll off the left edge, only the right. I am attaching an image of how it looks on an iPad. Again, the yellow area is the game area, the purple is outside of the frame. The cross-section shows center of the horizontal and vertical positions. I would appreciate some assistance.

screen-sample.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'd have to select in the Application Properties > iOS Options tab > Display : Fit inside (black bars). There's some detailed information about the various display options in the Help > Distributing your application > Build type > iOS > Properties.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Olivier. Thank you for your response! I was using Fit inside and adjust windows size" because I actually don't want black bar on the sides, I want the vertical area (yellow) to fit the screen, which it does, and I want the extra space (purple) to appear on both the left and right, with the yellow in the middle. Is this possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Solution

So here's what I ended up doing:

I set the resolution to the screen with the greatest width, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and the screen with the greatest height, iPhone Xs Max, which came out to 2732x2688.
    I set Display to "fit outside".
    I created a yellow background box with the dimentions 1242x2688, which serves as my frame, or guaranteed visible area. It is positioned at X=745, Y=0, which is the very center.
    Then I created an event: Start of Frame: Center display X at Frame width / 2, and Center display Y at Frame width / 2.

I have tested it in the simulator on multiple screens and the yellow area is 100% visible (with the exception of the notch at the top) in devices ranging from the iPhone 6 all the way to the Max and several iPads.

What I like about this is I can create an atmospheric area in the pink area (formerly purple) which doesn't affect gameplay but keeps a player immersed in the app without having to look at ugly black bars on the side when they are using an iPad.

I hope this helps anyone else who might encounter a similar issue.

2-screens2.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I thought this was perfect but I've run into some issues. For some reason active objects and background objects remain positioned correctly, but string objects and iOS Buttons will move.

The iOS Button doesn't have a follow the frame option, and seems to make no sense as to where it's positioned. I even used an active object at the same XY coordinate as the button, and the debugger reports them at the same XY coordinate, but the button will appear won't be even close to where it should be.

The string does have a follow the frame option, which I can uncheck to keep the text positioned where it should be. Here is what's weird though. The text will appear where it should be, but the game will think it is somewhere else, so when I have an event like Touch on Object String I will have to touch where the object would be if I had follow the frame checked.

I realized this is not territory many of you are in right now, but I would appreciate some help.

EDIT: I decided to just use Active Objects instead of buttons, but the string is still not positioning correctly. If I have an event to set the XY position of the string to the XY position of the Active Object background frame, it will still not be positioned correctly.
    text.jpg