Thread: Fusion 2.5+ & INI++: Problem with new Alt Values and Strings

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Fusion 2.5+ & INI++: Problem with new Alt Values and Strings

Apologies if this is the wrong place to report this. I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or post this in the 2.5+ release notes thread or somewhere else.

Anyhow, the increased number of alterable values and strings per object in 2.5+ from 26 to 260 is awesome! Unfortunately it seems that the INI++ extension wasn't expecting this increase to happen, and is unable to save some of them with the save object action.
    Code:
    (Ini++) : Save (object) (Save: Position = #, Alt Values = #)
    The good news is that it saves SOME of them. Sadly there are many that it does not save. To test it, I added the maximum amount of Alt Values and Strings to an object, along with 27 flags, and saved them with INI++. Here is a screenshot from the debugger showing how far it went before it stopped saving the rest of them.

INI++_does not save all of the vals.jpg

With 2.5+ you can have values and strings in objects going all the way up to IZ. With INI++, it only saves up through Alt Val CV and Alt String CV. I'm also not sure if this is intended or not, but the 27 flags are all saved on one line that says "flags = 138412033".

While it's true that we could manually save each value or string past CV using INI++, that would take quite a bit of additional time and events/actions. Is there some way that INI++ can be updated to automatically save the entirety of all of these new values and strings (and flags?) beyond CV through the Save (object) action?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It was originally saving 26 values and 10 strings.

When I've fixed the crash today I saw that and quickly increased the number of saved values and strings to 99 because the object actually saves item names like valueXX or strXX. I was in a hurry and had no time to check if I could safely allow a higher number. I'll check it when I've a bit more time.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, no problem. Thanks for increasing it to 99, that will help me quite a lot as it is. With any luck I probably won't actually need more than 99, and if I do it won't be for a while anyways.