User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trick to keep game above windows 7 taskbar not working properly

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I can't reproduce your problem on a Windows 7 machine with the options you show above. When the window gets the focus it's displayed above the Windows 7 taskbar, you don't see the taskbar anymore.
    Also, any ideas why the taskbar shows during a frame change when I use taskbar extension to force it? Is it because extensions aren't persistent between frames? Or does window focus change during frame changes?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves Is there anything else I can try? If it's happening on my OS, there's a chance it could happen to someone else's OS, and no other game or application has this problem. Can I send any logs or mfa examples to you?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Also, any ideas why the taskbar shows during a frame change when I use taskbar extension to force it? Is it because extensions aren't persistent between frames? Or does window focus change during frame changes?
    Youíre not alone with this issue and itís not specific to your machine, Iíve encountered this behavior of taskbar and mouse pointer flickering on frame shifts or restarts on several machines in the past, including Win 7, 8.1, and 10. I think a frame shift in Fusion basically means closing and opening a window, and in the split-second in between the app looses focus as thereís no active window and no running extension available. Iíve tried a lot of things in the past to avoid this with no luck. The only thing I can think of is running your app as a sub-app within a main frame that never closes, I could imagine a negative performance impact here tho. The issue does not personally bother me anymore as I switched my stuff to single frame setup in total, but I know not everyone can go with this...

Edit: another issue related to this is screen capturing software breaking the record on frame shifts...

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    You’re not alone with this issue and it’s not specific to your machine, I’ve encountered this behavior of taskbar and mouse pointer flickering on frame shifts or restarts on several machines in the past, including Win 7, 8.1, and 10. I think a frame shift in Fusion basically means closing and opening a window, and in the split-second in between the app looses focus as there’s no active window and no running extension available. I’ve tried a lot of things in the past to avoid this with no luck. The only thing I can think of is running your app as a sub-app within a main frame that never closes, I could imagine a negative performance impact here tho. The issue does not personally bother me anymore as I switched my stuff to single frame setup in total, but I know not everyone can go with this...

Edit: another issue related to this is screen capturing software breaking the record on frame shifts...
    Thanks for the info, I just really don't know what's causing it or how to fix it, there doesnt appear to be any hacks or tricks that will consistently work and I'm not sure how many other people are having this issue.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping as I still have no fix.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's how it appears with a completely fresh file:
    fresh.jpg
    All I did was double-click the header to maximize it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 extensions you can try to solve this problem:

1. Ultimate Fullscreen

2. Windows Control - this has an option to bring the window to the front - which you can use as Start of Frame or Always as you need it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    There are 2 extensions you can try to solve this problem:

1. Ultimate Fullscreen

2. Windows Control - this has an option to bring the window to the front - which you can use as Start of Frame or Always as you need it.
    Ultimate Fullscreen has no effect, I actually considered that UF was causing the problem, but it isn't.

Windows Control works, but it resets on frame change.

I've tried all manner of workarounds in events using Window Control, but it etierh breaks between frames or it stops alt+tab from working problem, or the window loses focus whilst the taskbar is still showing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you need alt+tab? Is this something particular in the game - or just general if someone wants to exit your game and leave it running?

Because the workaround I used in some of my games was to automatically make the game go into window mode when it was paused - and revert to full screen when pause ended (if they were playing it full screen). That way they weren't jumping away from the game when it was full screen and it solved my issues with the display.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    Why do you need alt+tab? Is this something particular in the game - or just general if someone wants to exit your game and leave it running?

Because the workaround I used in some of my games was to automatically make the game go into window mode when it was paused - and revert to full screen when pause ended (if they were playing it full screen). That way they weren't jumping away from the game when it was full screen and it solved my issues with the display.
    Yeah, just general, the game shouldn't break window operations for the user. This could be during gameplay rather than pause.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast