User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trick to keep game above windows 7 taskbar not working properly

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't protect a user from their own behaviour - like pressing alt-tab in a middle of a game without first pausing it or finishing the level.

I've only had this issue when the size of my game is out of sync with the size of the monitor it's displayed on - but switching to the ultimate fullscreen extension fixed it for me. I've never noticed an issue jumping between frames.

I have never used the windows control extension with ultimate fullscreen - I use either / or.

I start the game in window mode and switch to full screen - never the other way round.

Switching from the game to full screen / window on an XP machine requires a restart to display correctly on my test machine - which has many other issues (but users have reported back to me that my games worked fine on their XP machines). Alt-tab in that environment would be a mess either way (the machine only has 504mb ram).

You could create a test .mfa and post it and ask people to test alt-tab and see how many people have an issue with the taskbar to determine if it's specific to your machine or not.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's just as I posted, a blank mfa and I make it max misused by clicking the maximise button, it should go in front of the taskbar regardless of full screen, or at the very least it should be above the taskbar, but it's always behind it unless I force it and then there's issues of it getting stuck.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you're right. If I start the game maximized then it goes behind the taskbar. If I start it in window mode and use the maximize block then it also goes behind the taskbar.

But if I start it in windows mode and remove the maximize block - and use the command inside Fusion to change it to full screen - then the taskbar is removed. That is why I haven't picked up this problem - because I always start in Window Mode and use the built-in Fusion command to switch to full screen - on reading an ini file - or if the user clicks the full screen button.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you using exclusive fullscreen where game takes over the whole of the graphics overlay or is it effectively border less window mode, where there's no edges or headers? I assume exclusive style? I never found that worked when the games set to the monitor native resolution, and was always wrong for low-res games as everything appears blurry.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both. But I don't use low-res graphics at all.

If you're struggling with blurry graphics, you're probably creating the game too small. For pure PC game I don't create a game smaller than 1920x1080 - which means that on most monitors it will be scaling down - so the graphics will remain crisp.

When I create Android & PC together I create the games smaller & they have to scale up for PC - but that still looks okay, as long as you avoid complex gradients.

Any game created at less than half the size of my monitor, including pixel art, will look rubbish when played full screen - doesn't matter what they're written in.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I use both. But I don't use low-res graphics at all.

If you're struggling with blurry graphics, you're probably creating the game too small. For pure PC game I don't create a game smaller than 1920x1080 - which means that on most monitors it will be scaling down - so the graphics will remain crisp.

When I create Android & PC together I create the games smaller & they have to scale up for PC - but that still looks okay, as long as you avoid complex gradients.

Any game created at less than half the size of my monitor, including pixel art, will look rubbish when played full screen - doesn't matter what they're written in.
    Yeah, that's why I use windowless fullscreen and UFS to upscale pixel art to thr monitors native resolution, but it seems to just be with anything I get this issue. Are you using hi-dpi mode at all?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope.

I don't do anything fancy - I use defaults.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant with Windows 7, not in Fusion:
    hidp.PNG

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had tested the taskbar on Windows 10. It doesn't work on Windows 10 - the game went behind the taskbar and I couldn't get it to come to the front of the taskbar if it opened in Fusion Fullscreen mode. That error you had, is not limited to Windows 7.

I was referring to Windows - I don't change any Windows default settings.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does @Yves have any further suggestions? Even if it limited to certain machines, I'd like to figure out of a way of forcing the game in front of the taskbar without impeding the user in any way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast