User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trick to keep game above windows 7 taskbar not working properly

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No suggestion, and not enough time to do more research about this problem for the moment, I'm very sorry. Maybe later at the end of next week, not even sure...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve but hopefully I can help out.

I've attached an MFA which hopefully will help.

Just for the record, when you 'maximize' a Window, in Windows, Windows stretches it to the size of the screen minus the taskbar. This is so the user can multi-task and see their taskbar (unless they have the 'hide taskbar' setting enabled). This has been a standard since Windows 95, so maximising a Window in any case, will just not work to cover the taskbar.

In order for the Window to appear in front of the taskbar, it has to be a window that is not maximized. This MFA will resize itself to the width/height of the current screen and stay in front of the taskbar. It will also ensure it stays on top even when the user alt+tabs...
    Attached files Attached files
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve but hopefully I can help out.

I've attached an MFA which hopefully will help.

Just for the record, when you 'maximize' a Window, in Windows, Windows stretches it to the size of the screen minus the taskbar. This is so the user can multi-task and see their taskbar (unless they have the 'hide taskbar' setting enabled). This has been a standard since Windows 95, so maximising a Window in any case, will just not work to cover the taskbar.

In order for the Window to appear in front of the taskbar, it has to be a window that is not maximized. This MFA will resize itself to the width/height of the current screen and stay in front of the taskbar. It will also ensure it stays on top even when the user alt+tabs...
    That's what I was using, but you cant alt+tab away from it, it forces the user to be stuck with it in front until it's closed, and I need a solution that conforms with how it's done with every other borderless windowed mode game, where it's in front of the taskbar, but user desktop functionality isn't hindered.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm still unsure what you mean here. You can simply delete the action 'make topmost' which will enable the user to switch windows.

If you want to do fullscreen without covering the taskbar, you can get the height of the taskbar using the Taskbar Info extension so you can do ScreenYHeight - TaskbarHeight for the resizing. If you're referring to a 'loose' window covering the taskbar, that's default Windows behaviour unless it's maximized...

https://snag.gy/zJhCpq.jpg
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'm still unsure what you mean here. You can simply delete the action 'make topmost' which will enable the user to switch windows.

If you want to do fullscreen without covering the taskbar, you can get the height of the taskbar using the Taskbar Info extension so you can do ScreenYHeight - TaskbarHeight for the resizing. If you're referring to a 'loose' window covering the taskbar, that's default Windows behaviour unless it's maximized...

https://snag.gy/zJhCpq.jpg
    If I delete topmost, yes now the user can control the alt-tab, but it's no longer in front of the taskbar.

I want to be able to go fullscreen and cover the taskbar, and I want user functionality such as alt+tab to still work.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what's the trick to doing fullscreen and covering the taskbar?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *bump* is this possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Start the game in window mode and put in a Start of Frame event - go full screen. That solves the task bar issue on Windows 10 at least.
    2. If you use Ultimate Fullscreen - you also solve the taskbar issue.
    3. Keep asking the powers that be to fix this issue - but I reported these issues even before the bug box went down...

Be aware that if you pause the game in normal full screen and then alt-tab out of it - there is a risk that the player will come back to a fully black screen - and if they can remember to press any key on the keyboard the game will come back to them - but if they sit there clicking their mouse nothing will happen. It's okay if they alt-tab out of it when the game isn't paused. I solved this by putting the game into window mode when it was paused and jumping back to full screen at end of pause and / or using Ultimate Fullscreen that doesn't have this issue but neither solution is ideal.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 I am always using Ultimate Fullscreen and it still doesn't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you need to start in window mode and then switch to full screen - not start in full screen mode.

I have no issues with the taskbar when I use Ultimate Fullscreen - nor has anyone ever complained about having that problem with any of my games.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast