User Tag List

Thread: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File

Does anyone know why I am getting this error message sent to me after I upload my app to the App Store?

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app. Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Missing Purpose String in Info.plist File - Your app's code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app's Info.plist file should contain a NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data will be required to include a purpose string. If you're using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn't contain the APIs. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/document...user_s_privacy).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that this is because you're using the Active Picture object. There's more information in this thread:
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/98983

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    I believe that this is because you're using the Active Picture object. There's more information in this thread:
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/98983
    I don't have Active Picture but I do have the ini object but I couldn't find anything related to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    I don't have Active Picture but I do have the ini object but I couldn't find anything related to that.
    Hmm, even though I don't have an Active Picture object I added <key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key><string>You can select photos to attach to reports.</string> to my Info.plist and it is working. Do you think Apple scrutinizes these explanations because I definitely don't have a system in place to make reports.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    do you use camera?

any other extension that use the photo album?

just add a simple comment why you are using this library , this will be present to your users when the app/games start asking for their permissions
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apple just need a comment on the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription ,
    I dont use any camera or anything, ad networks SDK might request access to camera, which is automatically detected by apple
    <shady ad networks>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    do you use camera?

any other extension that use the photo album?

just add a simple comment why you are using this library , this will be present to your users when the app/games start asking for their permissions
    The only objects I had other than normal strings, actives, etc. are iOS (not currently doing anything), ini, Screen Zoom, String tokenizer, and Layers. I didn't have camera or Picture object. Maybe it was the iOS that did it.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you sure not using any of those or any ads that request teh camera you may delete from info.plist
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...