User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think it's time for a real dark mode skin.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's time for a real dark mode skin.

First thing, I'm aware of the existing dark skin in CF2.5. Here's a picture of it:

https://i.imgur.com/UVLHeNW.png

Obviously not usable. Even if the action boxes and event group headers were fixed, and the lack of contrast between certain elements addressed, there'd still be the windows elements not being touched at all. Windows 10 has recently added dark mode for windows explorer, and it affects every single windows element that I can see. Here's a picture:

https://i.imgur.com/UVLHeNW.png

Despite CF2.5's interface using the windows API, it does not update for dark mode. Eye strain has increased for me significantly once I got a 144hz monitor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for being able to change the colors of the windows elements.

@dustingunn : just so you know, it would be very easy for you to fix that skin yourself. This guide lists the files you need to change, though you could probably just open up the folder of the skin and find the offending files yourself. I made my own skin once, with reducing eyestrain being one of the main motivators. I was disappointed I couldn't skin the windows elements to reduce their intensity, but I've found that since I don't spend much time actually looking at those parts of the interface, it doesn't really make much difference. But obviously they would be much more jarring in a dark theme like what you want.

Obviously I don't know how your eyes work (the fact that they find dark mode relaxing rather than violently hemorrhaging out of your skull in protest means they're very different to mine!), but you might want to consider using Windows' 'night mode' feature that reduces light from the blue light spectrum. It's the blue light that tends to strain eyes the most. In fact, I have a special treatment on my eyeglasses that does the same thing (it makes everything slightly yellowish and warm - it's subtle and actually quite nice...though you need to remember to take them off once in a while when making graphics, lest you make everything too cold to compensate). Since getting that pair of glasses, I've gone from having eyestrain at the end of every long working day to never having eyestrain at all.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    >> +1 for being able to change the colors of the windows elements.

It's a pain in the ... to do with the UI and the custom controls we use... I've spent a significant time trying to do it for 2.5+ without success.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could see if these work. I don't have windows 10
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-dark-themes-windows-10/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

It's a pain in the ... to do with the UI and the custom controls we use... I've spent a significant time trying to do it for 2.5+ without success.
    the amount of stuff you tackled for 2.5+ is really impressive. You guys must have worked on it for ages.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    the amount of stuff you tackled for 2.5+ is really impressive. You guys must have worked on it for ages.
    One year of intense work. Actually we began by doing some optimizations for a game that was crashing both the editor and the runtime because it was huge, and then we had to do this and that for that game to make the editor able to deal even better with that huge game, and improve the runtime, and we realized that it was beginning to look like an interesting version, so we worked even harder to add child events and qualifiers in global events to be able to release something that could make a real step forward between 2.5 and 3.0.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that's a lot of effort for one title. I can say that in the span of less than a week I was able to optimize my game to the point of using only 80mb of RAM on average. Had been 300, and was actually 1.3gb this time LAST year, so now my focus is on building a custom Fusion exporter for toasters and really putting it to the test.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't mean to downplay 2.5+, it is quite the progression. I'm just getting quite a lot of eyestrain.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1 for the eyestrain, I've been going for all dark mode...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

Have you given up on this because its hard to do. We have had option to choose dark colors on Windows for a very long time now. Over a year. Would be really great if this was sorted out so we can have all dark colors. With bigger monitors and also multiple monitors i can light up my room with the Fusion GUI. Maybe if its too hard for Clickteam to do, you could explain the issues and one of the very talented users can help with some ideas of how to fix it.
    I posted the request for this on the latest build thread but i think its just going to be buried and forgotten so bumping this thread with the request here.

Thankyou for all you do at clickteam.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast