User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I think it's time for a real dark mode skin.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    One year of intense work. Actually we began by doing some optimizations for a game that was crashing both the editor and the runtime because it was huge, and then we had to do this and that for that game to make the editor able to deal even better with that huge game, and improve the runtime, and we realized that it was beginning to look like an interesting version, so we worked even harder to add child events and qualifiers in global events to be able to release something that could make a real step forward between 2.5 and 3.0.
    I'd really like to know what that game was.

Also would like a dark mode but as a Windows developer I know the difficulties in doing this with custom drawn controls.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by airways View Post
    Also would like a dark mode but as a Windows developer I know the difficulties in doing this with custom drawn controls.
    Noticed you mentioned Custom drawn controls so i did a bit of searching and reading to try and understand.

As far as i can tell this it another thing related to 32bit apps and not having support for it from windows. There does seem to be some ways to do make dark colors work but none of them are official and all seem unsupported by windows.

I will post some links here to what i found for any others interested and more experienced than myself with these things, In the hope some one can make more sense out of it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ls/custom-draw

https://www.codeguru.com/cpp/control...ols-Part-I.htm

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-use-in-winapi

From what i read i do not think this will be done on Fusion 2.5 32bit. Maybe some one can offer more of a solution or share ways of forcing the whole GUI to be dark. Im not really a fan of adding third party apps to windows to change things but for Fusion i might make an exception if there is a recommended free and stable way of doing it. I only really use a windows pc for Fusion anyway every thing else i use Mac.

Thanks to any one that can help with this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2