User Tag List

Thread: What happens if someone opens an MFA file that was saved in 2.5+ in MMF 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens if someone opens an MFA file that was saved in 2.5+ in MMF 2.5?

So if I save an MFA which has child events in MMF 2.5+ and post it to the forum, then someone who doesn't have 2.5+ tries to open it, what will happen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what about objects with Alterable Values 27-260? Will they still work fine, just with some named variables becoming unnamed?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    And what about objects with Alterable Values 27-260? Will they still work fine, just with some named variables becoming unnamed?
    Ah, that's a good question. I didn't think about variables.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CruddyBuddy. You will get an error and the mfa will not open.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not open it in the editor. You need to delete the child events and other things that are in 2.5+ (for example, qualifiers in global events)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, okay. That's good to know. It looks like the majority of active users are probably getting 2.5+ anyway so I probably won't worry about it. I just finished working on a really great example but it's using some child events so I didn't want to limit who could benefit from it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be more than happy to see your example. I would like to start having some 2.5+ examples on my website.

Marv

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I've just tried it, it causes crashes at runtime and weird things in the editor, not good. MFAs with objects with more than 26/10 alt values/strings won't be loadable in the normal version from the next build.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 things I carry with happiness in my heart is the Scrooge McDuck's treasure safe (aka Nvram's Fusion examples) and the Daily CLick site! They've been providing huge content for years and it is always fun to browse around!
    https://www.create-games.com/
    Don't forget my retro fun arcade machine inspired Fusion game making teaching page (with example mfa engine), as well: http://aloan.site90.com/retrofun.html
    Also the (made in Fusion) Atari 2600-esque game engine here: http://aloan.site90.com/atari_graphics_simplified.html
    A great night to all! Fusion ftw!

Clicker

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am humble at your feet and you are also an inspiration to fellow forum users.

Marv