User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Event reuse with global event workflow?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Event reuse with global event workflow?

So, how's everyone else using global events now we have qualifiers? I reuse the same events through many, many frames, and have to copy/paste every group if I change one thing at present. I'd like to move everything into global events, but am worried about ordering, specifically some event groups need to happen before others, and if there are frame specific groups (like bosses, or a certain mechanic on one level only) I'm not sure if this should stay in the frame events, or if it should go into global events and only have the group activated on that particular frame.

I know the ordering is frame events, then global events, but I have all of my non-pause events in a group Main, and all of my pause triggering in a group called Pause. If I make a group in global events called Main with all of my game events in, and also have a group in frame events called Main with frame-specific events in, Fusion actually seems to treat the two Main groups as the same group (thankfully!) so frame-specific events in the frame events will also get paused when the Main group is deactivated. I assume these frame events would appear at the top of the Main group, with the global events below them, if Fusion loads the events in this manner?

Should I just forget frame events entirely so I can be particular about how my event groups are ordered and just turn them off if needs be, or should I use frame events as well? Keen to hear other peoples ideas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For instance:

Frame events:

Global events:

Does this run as this (I think so):

This:

Or this:

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global-Frame-Behaviors IIRC.
    You can simply use a "start of frame" event in each event page to change a global string to see the ordering.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    Global-Frame-Behaviors IIRC.
    You can simply use a "start of frame" event in each event page to change a global string to see the ordering.
    Yes, but look, does it put groups with the same name in the same matching groups or duplicates?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think it does as in the last screenshot. You can do a variation of defisym's suggestion to test it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I would think it does as in the last screenshot. You can do a variation of defisym's suggestion to test it.
    It seemed to work when I disabled the main group, but I need to test it more. Would be great if the former was possible rather than group duplicates.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to be able to grab the name of the group the current event is running from to check this, maybe the new profiler could help (haven't used it yet).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to have some documentation for how frame events > global events > behaviours are run in cases like this, where you have matching named groups in both frame and global events.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Groups in the global events are separated from groups in the frame events. When you activate / deactivate a group in an editor, it's only for groups that are displayed in the events that you are editing.

Though it seems bugged, the code doesn't seem correct. I've just made a simple example that should deactivate a group in the global events and instead it deactivates a group with the same ID in the frame events. O_o I'll investigate, this will be fixed in the next update if possible. EDIT: it seems there is no bug, I can't reproduce it and the code seems correct after doucle-checking it.

And there is also the old issue of groups IDs in Activate / Deactivate actions that are incorrect when you paste them in another event editor. This one was also in the TODO list for the build 292 but is not fixed yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast