User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to change name of qualifier in 2.5+?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windlake View Post
    @Outcast
    Personnaly, I click just one time on the name after selecting the qualifier, and wait like 1 second to see the name ready to be changed.
    Ah that works for me! Perhaps the instructions should be changed to this since if you hold down the mouse button as in the instructions it does not work (at least not for me)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You're right it should be "select the qualifier to rename, and then click the name to edit it".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentially it's the same as in Windows Explorer. Hard to know what to call it though: a slow double-click?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Essentially it's the same as in Windows Explorer. Hard to know what to call it though: a slow double-click?
    Click the file name of the selected file.
    P.S. you can always rename a file by press F2 in Windows Explorer, and other places in fusion (e.g. rename object in frame editor), but you can't use it here cause F2 is the hotkey of zoom picture here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 'click the name of a selected file' is technically accurate, but it's not a fool-proof description. You say "a selected file" as if it's just been sitting there selected for ages, just waiting for someone to come along and click it. But of course it only becomes selected if the user clicks it. And the user only clicks it if she wants to do something with it. So if she decides to rename it, she must click it to select it, then wait, then click it again. The waiting is the most important part, otherwise it becomes a doubleclick. The selecting and the clicking are easy, but the waiting is where the user will trip up, so it's the waiting that's the key piece of information that needs to be given to the user.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry forum, I'm just not that smart. Can someone do a graphical step by step on this. I've tried several things, but not sure where I am going wrong. I am probably clicking on the wrong thing, so I've attached how not to do it.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In the qualifier editor, click on the name of the qualifier in the list of them and it should allow you, after a second, to rename it as you would an icon on the Windows desktop/explorer. I think you can right click and choose rename also (not at my PC to check right now).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally was able to get to the proper screen on where I could edit this. For those who were challenged like me, I have a quick step by step attached.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have managed to rename them, but it is the most cumbersome method ive ever seen right now.... WHY on earth did you just not add a RENAME on the menu when you right click a qualifier (at the bottom above the Delete menu item) ???????

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    In the qualifier editor, click on the name of the qualifier in the list of them and it should allow you, after a second, to rename it as you would an icon on the Windows desktop/explorer. I think you can right click and choose rename also (not at my PC to check right now).
    nope simon, you would think that would be an obvious choice.. it needs adding

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast