User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to change name of qualifier in 2.5+?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't to do with renaming qualifiers, but beware that using alpha channels in the custom qualifier icons is problematic. They look good in the icon editor, but then they end up screwed up in the actual MFA (eg. object properties, events). Transparent areas become solid black, for example, or other glitchy artifacts.

I've tried PNG32s, PNG8s with translucency (I didn't even know this was a thing until today) and PNG8s with binary transparency, and none of them work. Sometimes it appears to import the alpha channel, but then you see solid pixels in the MFA. GIFs seem to work, though they only have binary transparency, which doesn't look great in many cases.

I also managed to get a working alpha channel by importing a PNG8 with a solid background and using the "choose transparent color" feature when importing in Fusion. Even this method didn't work with a normal PNG32 - Fusion doesn't seem to be able to read the colors correctly on PNG32s when importing the qualifier icons, so you'll create an icon with a #000000 background, for example, and tell Fusion that #000000 should be transparent, but it'll import the black pixels as black anyway.

The weird thing is that the whole icon importing experience looks and feels pretty much just like the normal graphic importing experience in Fusion (eg. importing into active objects), which has none of these problems.

Anyway, I've resigned myself to just using white backgrounds on all my icons, and that works pretty well. The white edges are visible a little bit (on certain parts of the interface more than others), and for some reason Fusion changes them from pure white to a slightly greenish white, but these are minor issues. In regular use you don't notice.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    i have managed to rename them, but it is the most cumbersome method ive ever seen right now.... WHY on earth did you just not add a RENAME on the menu when you right click a qualifier (at the bottom above the Delete menu item) ???????
    Well, maybe instead of saying "most cumbersone", "WHY on earth", "??????", couldn't you just say "Please could you add a Rename command to the frame context menu? Thanks!"

We've added so many things in that build, we can't think of everything. I'll add it. EDIT: done in 292.6.

And maybe you should complain to Microsoft instead because it's a standard Windows control and renaming objects or files in list view controls is a standard Windows feature for what... 20 years? I never use rename myself, I always click files like this in Windows explorers to rename them.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra could you post a simple MFA with qualifiers that don't work with alpha please? I can't seem to be able to reproduce the problem you're talking about. Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    @Volnaiskra could you post a simple MFA with qualifiers that don't work with alpha please? I can't seem to be able to reproduce the problem you're talking about. Thanks.
    Here you go. I've attached the MFA and the source PNG files, and below is how it all appears on my system (windows 10.0.17763):

Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    i have managed to rename them, but it is the most cumbersome method ive ever seen right now.... WHY on earth did you just not add a RENAME on the menu when you right click a qualifier (at the bottom above the Delete menu item) ???????
    Strong words for someone who likes to use the right-click menu, which is objectively and measurably one of the most inefficient and time-consuming ways to interact with a software UI. It's comprised of like 5-6 different processes: <right-click>, <scan list for desired item>, <move mouse right>, <move mouse down>, <left-click>, <return mouse back to where it was>. . It also requires rapid task-switching between fine-motor movement, reading, and filtering out extraneous information, all of which waste time and focus (and none of which are required by the other two common methods of renaming things - the slow-double-click or hitting F2). I wouldn't be caught dead using a right-click menu unless I have no other option.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll see if we can fix it!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It will be a bit better in build 292.6 in the Add / Select Qualifier windows.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone's interested, I found that you can greatly improve many of the visual issues by including a barely-visible 1%-transparency white pixel in the top-left corner of your PNG graphic. But this may be a moot point once 292.6 comes out, as Yves has fixed some stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It will be a bit better in build 292.6 in the Add / Select Qualifier windows.
    Great, thanks!

By the way, I noticed while prepping the above MFA that there's a max of 8 qualifiers per object. Is there a technical necessity for that, or could you easily lift the limit? (I'm sure it's the former, but I figured I'd try my luck anyway )

It's probably not a big deal - after all I didn't even know about the limit despite using qualifiers for years. Though with custom qualifiers in the equation, I guess it's likely that people will use them more intensively, so may hit the limit more often.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This limit can't be changed in 2.5, it's hardcoded arrays in the object structures, too difficult to change without causing compatiblity issues with existing extensions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3