Thread: Build 292.5 - Release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Build 292.5 - Release version

Hello,

The build 292.5 is available in the Product Owners Lounge forum if you use the stand-alone version, and on Steam.

Change log

In case of problem you can reinstall any other version (no need to uninstall first, just reinstall the patch of the build you want to reinstall).

PS: the CF 2.5 patch updates all the installed exporters, as well as the 2.5+ DLC, you do not need to reinstall them.

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Edit bug plus large que prévu]

Salut,

En fait je crois qu'il y a bel et bien un bug vicieux dans la gestion des animations. Quand on modifie la vitesse d'animation de l'anim "Arrêté" (que l'objet ait un qualifier ou non), l'anim passe à Marche :/
    Mon doute sur le retour à l'animation Arrêté venait de là xD
    (je viens de tester avec le build 292.5 c'est encore présent)
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, could anyone please confirm this bug?

When your object is at animation #0 and you change it's animation speed, it plays the animation #1.

Test it here :

bug anim speed with qualifier 2.mfa

Thank you

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I confirm it but I can't say if this is a bug or a feature. It looks like a feature that is probably used in movements. It seems that by default the animation is the Walk animation (when it exists I guess) but it's automatically set to the Stop animation when the speed is 0 and back to Walk when the speed increases. Force the animation to Stop at start if you want to avoid this "feature".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I think it's a bug cause even if there's no walk animation, it sets the animation number to #1 in the object data, while still playing the stop animation (#0) O_o
    See this (both objects don't have walk animations, they only have animations #0 and #12) : bug anim speed at stop animation.mfa

It makes all comparisons with anim_number(active) = 0 very tricky, if you have something that can change your speed animation at anytime (which happens when you need to slow down animations with deltatime, for instance).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My suggestion of forcing the animation to Stopped at start is still valid.

I can't comment this more, as the movement & animation code is quite complex and I don't know it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok maybe you can mention/transfer it to the person in charge of it ? ^^

If an object plays "stopped animation" at speed 50, and i change the speed to 25, the object considers I asked for a walk animation ? It's really bad imo xD

I'll work with your suggestion for now,

Thank you :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inbuilt animation system logic is a minefield of such hidden 'features'. I like it in theory, and sometimes in practice. But mostly it's caused me headaches when things didn't work how I expected them to, and I've learned to avoid the first 12 animations as a rule. Even using the "stopped" animation has caused me problems.

It's disconcerting that some of the logic still applies even if you avoid the named animations (eg. "walking"). Is it not possible to include a per-object feature that disables the animation logic entirely? Like a checkbox that makes an object's animations completely 'dumb': they will play at the set speed but will never switch animations unless explicitly instructed to in events.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Like a checkbox that makes an object's animations completely 'dumb': they will play at the set speed but will never switch animations unless explicitly instructed to in events.
    This would be great, I'm usually not using the default animations, just learned to deal with the auto transition to "Stopped" at the end of an animation. Somehow, i thought the behaviour of "Stopped" wasn't trickier than this. Big mistake T_T
    I should probably skip all the first 12 animations in the future, as you said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hem, new little "problem" I met earlier...

I used the new function "select objects by qualifier" in order to rename an alterable value for all of them. It worked like a charm and selected like 300+ objects. Of course, I made a mistake T_T and the new name was not accepted. So I got an error message box that I had to close... for each of the 300+ objects xD so 300+ messages boxes to close one after another lol

I guess I'll be more careful now when renaming alterable values :-) The punish was too real this time :p

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast