Thread: New error report appeared since I built my app with version 292.4

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    neither do i, can you post the biggest size for the string object

==============================================

Have you ever try to use transparent edit box?

i will see if we can enable crash report from release version
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Largest string object has a width of 670 and a height of 2048. I also made sure that the text that I insert in the string object's paragraphs does not go over the limit of 2048. The only times when I get errors related to going over the 2048 limit is when some paragraphs are very close to the 2048 height limit, and depending on how the rows are calculated on each mobile phone, the text gets pushed over the 2048 limit, but this happens on very few mobile devices (mostly older ones) and I get an error message that mentions a 'textSurface' , a bitmap and running out of memory. (you can see the error message for going over the 2048 limit at the bottom of this post)

As for the edit box, I remember that I tried to use a transparent editbox some 3 years ago for another game, and I used to have some problems with it, but I don't remember exactly what they were. One thing I'm noticing is that the option to make the background transparent on the edit box is grayed out. I also remember that at some point, the edit box background was behaving strangely on some mobile phones (it was grayed out and you couldn't see what you were typing), which is why in this game, when I used an editbox, I put it somewhere outside of the frame, and I made the code so that it gives the focus to the edit box when you tap on one of the rectangles in the save/load menu.

Below is the error for when a string paragraph goes over the 2048 limit (this happens very rarely). Also, usually when this happens, the game does not crash. It just shows a white background where the text should have been.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

at dalvik.system.VMRuntime.newNonMovableArray (Native Method)

at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate (Native Method)

at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap (Bitmap.java:879)

at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap (Bitmap.java:856)

at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap (Bitmap.java:823)

at OpenGL.CTextSurface.<init> (CTextSurface.java:112)

at Objects.CText.init (CText.java:69)

at RunLoop.CRun.f_CreateObject (CRun.java:1622)

at RunLoop.CRun.createFrameObjects (CRun.java:866)

at RunLoop.CRun.initRunLoop (CRun.java:564)

at Application.CRunApp.startTheFrame (CRunApp.java:1027)

at Application.CRunApp.playApplication (CRunApp.java:770)

at Application.CRunTimerTask.run (CRunTimerTask.java:51)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:836)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:103)

at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:203)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6251)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run (ZygoteInit.java:1063)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:924)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would enabling detailed crash reports affect the performance of the game for players? If you find a way to enable the crash reports, should I try uploading the update only for 10% of the users, to be safe?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    oh this report is the one i was looking for, this error point me to an internal error about size, can you in your game add a small string at the botton where is mentioned the size of the string you show, this size 2048 should not be and issue in any new devices, for me is bigger and therefore is not correctly handle by these devices (they are old 2016 max).

a crash report should not affect in any case your performance since it only work when a runtime crash occurs.

i will dig about teh max size of bitmap in this devices
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is that this second report I gave you is an older report that I've been getting for years, and it happens very rarely. I don't think it's directly related to the new report. The new report appeared only after I built the game with Clickteam version 292, and I'm getting it at least 20 times a day. The crash report with the bitmap is an error that I've been getting once a week or so, in many of the previous versions of the game.

The devices on which I get the old error are also not the same devices as the ones on which I get the new error. I will copy paste the list of devices for the old error below, and you'll see that they are almost completely different. They're all older models, and probably have a gl max texture size of 2048. On the other hand, the new error happens a lot on Samsung S9, which is a really new phone, so it should not have this problem. The first error report that I mentioned in this thread does not mention anything about running out of memory, about a text surface or about a bitmap, which is why I'm doubting that there is a connection between the two. Also, I have a series of events that calculates the height of each paragraph of text in my string objects, and very few of them go only slightly over 2048, which generates these rare errors. Here are the devices for the second error I gave you. You'll notice that they are almost completely different from the ones of the first error:

LG X charge (lv7) 15 8.1%
    LG K20 Plus (lv517) 14 7.6%
    Galaxy J7 Pop (j7popqltetfnvzw) 12 6.5%
    Galaxy J5(2016) (j5xnlte) 10 5.4%
    Galaxy J3 Pop (j3popltetfnvzw) 8 4.3%
    Micromax Canvas 1 (C1) 7 3.8%
    LG Tribute Dynasty (mcv150) 5 2.7%
    Galaxy Tab A 7.0 (gtexslte) 4 2.2%
    vivo 1714 (1714) 3 1.6%
    A7PRO (A7Pro) 3 1.6%
    LG K10 LTE (m253) 3 1.6%
    Galaxy A3(2016) (a3xelte) 3 1.6%
    Galaxy J3 Pop (j3popeltetfntmo) 3 1.6%
    LG K8(2018) (cv1) 3 1.6%
    Blade V6 Plus (ZTE_BLADE_V0720) 3 1.6%
    A3-A40 (acer_jetfirefhd) 2 1.1%
    Galaxy S5 (kltecan) 2 1.1%
    Galaxy J1(2016) (j1x3g) 2 1.1%
    Redmi 4X (santoni) 2 1.1%
    Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (gtelwifiue) 2 1.1%

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    problem is the same due to low memory or too much memory asked to teh heap and he can not grow heap, then the application will crash

I will think in something to measure heap and see if we can get more information about these devices, but the problem is not the 2048, the problem is that you have a really big texture

I will implement some code to track this inside CTextSurface code which is responsible to show text/strings avoid crash and in some case force a free of memory to try to show it again.

can you in a single frame mfa put the scrolling effect some text and buttons (not need original text or private data, only a reliable =test mfa= so I can see here how much impact have in the heap and if the method I want to add will help or not.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a Google drive link to the mfa of one frame: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eR...KUu8qhBzx4wIED

Could there be a problem in the new version of Clickteam due to the fact that the size of the frame is 720x5000 and the virtual height is 7000?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks, BTW i just see that LG K20 Plus is mentioned in the devices list with issues, i can put my hand on one tomorrow and i will do some test with your play store app and your mfa
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that the crashes I'm getting are not related to the devices, but to some specific set of circumstances that I just can't wrap my head around. For example, there's an older bug that I have with Google Play Games, where some users simply can't save anything to their cloud account, because the game crashes. Today, I finally saw a device I owned in the problem list (a Samsung Galaxy S3), so I decided to try and test it, but it works perfectly fine. The only crashes that I had were at the beginning, because my Google Play Games app wasn't updated, and instead of sending me to update my Play Games app, the game kept crashing every time I tried to log in. I hadn't played the game on this device for more than a year, and once I updated it from Google Play, I noticed that it was really laggy, and it was crashing at random places.

Once I uninstalled and reinstalled it, the game started working without any lag, and it properly asked me to update my Google Play Games app when it tried to log in, and then the cloud saving worked fine. So the game was crashing a lot at first, but not in the same way as for the users, and due to a completely random set of circumstances. On the other hand, the Google Cloud saves crash is still happening a lot, and I have found no way to reproduce it on my device, even if it's in the list of 'problem' devices. The frame in which the crashes are happening has only one line of code related to google cloud saves, and all it does is save a snapshot to the Google Play server. And yet for some reason, this is crashing non stop for some users. The crash for the Google Cloud saves is just as cryptic as the one for the createsurface, and just as unreproduceable, which is why it makes me think that both of these bugs are being triggered by some factors similar to what I described above, or something entirely different (like for example, a device has too many apps running, and due to its low memory, it can't handle some normal operations in my game, which makes it crash).

For reference, here is the recurring crash report that I keep getting for the cloud saves:

java.lang.NullPointerException:

at Extensions.CRunGPGCloud.writeSnapshot (CRunGPGCloud.java:809)

at Extensions.CRunGPGCloud.access$700 (CRunGPGCloud.java:41)

at Extensions.CRunGPGCloud$3$1.run (CRunGPGCloud.java:864)

at android.app.Activity.runOnUiThread (Activity.java:5851)

at Extensions.CRunGPGCloud$3.onPostExecute (CRunGPGCloud.java:858)

at Extensions.CRunGPGCloud$3.onPostExecute (CRunGPGCloud.java:840)

at android.os.AsyncTask.finish (AsyncTask.java:660)

at android.os.AsyncTask.-wrap1 (AsyncTask.java)

at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage (AsyncTask.java:677)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:110)

at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:203)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6368)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run (ZygoteInit.java:1063)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:924)

And this is the list of devices on which it happens:

Galaxy S9+ (star2qltesq) 14 22.6%
    OnePlus 6 (OnePlus6) 8 12.9%
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw) 7 11.3%
    OnePlus5 (OnePlus5) 6 9.7%
    Moto Z (2) Play (albus) 5 8.1%
    vivo 1714 (1714) 4 6.5%
    Galaxy S7 (herolte) 3 4.8%
    Lenovo TAB3 7 Essential (TB3-710I) 3 4.8%
    Galaxy A5(2017) (a5y17lte) 3 4.8%
    Redmi 5 (rosy) 2 3.2%
    nova 3i (HWINE) 2 3.2%
    Galaxy S9 (starlte) 1 1.6%
    R2 Plus (R0190WW) 1 1.6%
    Xperia L1 (G3311) 1 1.6%
    Galaxy J3(2016) (j3ltevzw) 1 1.6%
    Galaxy S8 (dreamlte) 1 1.6%

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait... I just noticed something. The createsurface error that I copy pasted at the beginning of this thread is almost identical to the error that Dobermann copy pasted at the end of my other thread back in 5 April: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105423-Is-anyone-familiar-with-these-in-app-purchase-errors. Not only that, but the Null pointer exceptions that he's getting for In app purchases are almost identical to the errors I'm getting too. I wonder if our two apps have anything in common.

@Dobermann Did you by any chance have Clickteam Fusion 292 on April 5th? For me, the createsurface error only started appearing after I built the game with the new version (even if I didn't add anything new to the game in that update).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast