User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New error report appeared since I built my app with version 292.4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be a test version for fixing the createsurface crash in the near future, or should I revert back to 291.6 for the time being? I'm asking because from what I'm seeing, the 292.6 beta version doesn't have anything regarding this, and I don't want to get in trouble with Google due to my ever increasing crash rate. (it's already at around 6%, which is way above their bad behavior threshold)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeean_lion View Post
    Will there be a test version for fixing the createsurface crash in the near future, or should I revert back to 291.6 for the time being? I'm asking because from what I'm seeing, the 292.6 beta version doesn't have anything regarding this, and I don't want to get in trouble with Google due to my ever increasing crash rate. (it's already at around 6%, which is way above their bad behavior threshold)
    I didn't knew we should not exceed a certain crash %, I've just found i was a bit over 3% and a red message says it's a bad score… So my game isn't on the top because of that score?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how Google's algorithms work, but if you were to take them at their word, then technically the crash rate is being taken into consideration when they're choosing how often to recommend your app to other users. And given that their threshold for bad behavior is 1%, there are some good chances that your game gets recommended less if it goes over this percentage.

But our apps need to be 64 bit until august, so reverting to 291.6 can only serve as a very short term solution. (Plus, the in app purchase crashes were present also in 291.6)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    about that percentage once you fix it everything change, your fix about achievements need some days to propagate and decrease your crash rate.

@Nemeean_lion the createsurface issue is specific for the game you are doing and related to the size of bitmap, I will provide the runtime only next week for you to test
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be a good idea to give the runtime to Dobermann to test it too, since his crashes look similar to mine (see the screenshots above) but his game is pretty different: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....spartanrunner

Edit: I don't think Dobermann's crash rate is coming from the Google achievements, since from what he said in his other thread, the only crashes he got were in the beta version, not in Production. His problem in Production was that the achievements weren't unlocking properly, so they just kept unlocking themselves over and over, without producing any crashes. This is also backed up by his screenshot in this thread with the crash logs, which don't have any GPG crashes. Most of his crashes are related to createsurface and in app purchases, but he also seems to have some textsurface out of memory crashes like mine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeean_lion View Post
    It might be a good idea to give the runtime to Dobermann to test it too, since his crashes look similar to mine (see the screenshots above) but his game is pretty different: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....spartanrunner

Edit: I don't think Dobermann's crash rate is coming from the Google achievements, since from what he said in his other thread, the only crashes he got were in the beta version, not in Production. His problem in Production was that the achievements weren't unlocking properly, so they just kept unlocking themselves over and over, without producing any crashes. This is also backed up by his screenshot in this thread with the crash logs, which don't have any GPG crashes. Most of his crashes are related to createsurface and in app purchases, but he also seems to have some textsurface out of memory crashes like mine.
    Exactly! Our games are différents and has the same problems so, i think the runtime needs some adjustements to avoid those common crashes.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The fact that you share some object and the crash end in a google libs does not make them the same crash.

@Nemeean_lion sending by PM a new runtime for you to test focus on text surface.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I had to stop the tests for now, because my daily downloads were beginning to decrease, likely as a result of my high crash rate in the past month, so I reuploaded the game with the old Fusion version in order to fix my crash rate. I won't be making any new tests until at least June. The only tests I can still participate in are tests involving building and launching mfa projects, but I won't be uploading anything to production in the near future.

@Dobermann Maybe you could give a short mfa with how you use string objects in your game? Even if your problem is not the same as mine, with a little luck, solving it might give some hints in finding the cause of my own createsurface errors.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Nemeean_lion

I have a specific runtime for you to try there that should help with the creation of big strings, let me know if you are Ok to try

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have really good resuslts since the last runtime sent by @Fernando , i've released my update yesterday, and this is so far the crashes i've got:

Sans titre.png

I need to wait a bit more to see how the things are going, but it's promising!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast