User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android exporter what works and what don't?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android exporter what works and what don't?

After a couple of days of frustration I found various threads about not using Android Studio. Starting over using the older Android manager I finally was able to build an .apk file. Simple app with 1 frame and 2 AO's.
    Questions:

1. Is there a place (1 place, not several threads with bits and pieces spread over the past few years) with collected and up to date instructions how to install everything and make it work?
    2. Is there a list of which objects will work when creating an Android game? As it is now I'm in a trial and error stage.
    3. Is the Android exporter extremely "moody" working one day and not the other?

Any advice much appreciate.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1. From the build 292 of Fusion the instructions are here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105484-Android-Runtime-Build-292

Unlike the previous versions of the Android exporter, with the build 292 you don't need the old Ant files used by old versions of the Android SDK, so you have just to install Android Studio and the JDK version 8 (but probably it's installed with Android Studio, I don't remember). You haven't to "patch" the Android SDK with a specific installer anymore. There is an additional step for accepting licenses of modules automatically downloaded and installed by Gradle though.

2. When you insert a new object in your frame, if you use the normal version of Fusion 2.5 (I mean without the 2.5+ DLC), the New Object dialog box displays the installed objects that are compatible with the current Build Type of your application. (note: there is a bug in the build 292, it displays all the objects, it's fixed in the build 292.5 that is going to be official soon). If you use the 2.5+ DLC you have several options to display the objects compatibles with various platforms.

You can also see the objects compatible with the Android exporter in the Extension Manager.

3. It can be moody when you change the build API, when Google changes things, adds new APIs, when we change it to adapt to new versions of the SDK and/or libraries.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a build perspective, I didn't encounter any errors aside from the ones mentioned in the above thread. If you are having errors while building the app with Android studio, it's probably either that you need to accept the licenses with the command prompt, or that you have an extension that you need to upgrade separately to work with gradle. (like the GPG object)

If you can build your app but it crashes as soon as you launch it, then it's most likely because of the Admob object. One thing that flew over my head the first time is that there are now two ids for android, not just one (or at least that's how I'm understanding it). When I read the thread the first time, it seemed that there was one for android and one for iOS, but in reality there is an App id, and then there is also an android id, and they both need to have information entered into them. Before the update, both the app ID and the android id were put in the same field, but now you need to split the id into two separate fields for it to work properly.

What I used is the latest version of Android Studio, downloaded from Google, and the latest version of 64 bit JDK 8, downloaded from Oracle. The build API I'm using now is 28 (I was using 26 before). I was using SDK manager before this update, but now I'm using Android Studio, and it worked without any tweaks aside from what is mentioned in that instructions thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. Thank you Yves! You are a hero as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Nemeen_lion. Very good to know.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Brilliant. Thank you Yves! You are a hero as always.
    The Android hero is Fernando

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Thank you Nemeen_lion. Very good to know.
    You're welcome. I just checked to see exactly how the ids are called, to be sure. One of them is the Android App Id, and the second one is the interstitial id/banner id/rewarded video id from the android section. Before the update, I could just put the id of the interstitial ad and the app id in the same field and it would work, but now it crashes if you do that. Your old id from the old object gets automatically ported to the 'android campaign' section, so you can get blindsided if you don't notice that there are 2 separate ids now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The Android hero is Fernando
    Have yet to get to know him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have uninstalled everything Android (besides MMF exporter) and Java and downloaded the Android Studio again.
    Am a bit unsure about the Java version now. I remember the previous one I had was not the official latest version - "Java SE Development Kit 8u201". But is it this one I should download now? It says 1.8 in your instruction post Yves, but I can't find that version.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did I say 1.8? Sorry it's the one you mentioned, Java SE Development Kit 8u201.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast