Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New User/Evaluator of Fusion 2.5 Free

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New User/Evaluator of Fusion 2.5 Free

Thanks, people of Clickteam Fusion, for the free product. I have been trying it out and will possibly get one of the other versions, unless I go for another engine.

My question to you now is the following one: is there any estimate of when CT Fusion 3 will come out?

All the information I found on it does not even mention any estimate. But certainly you can give such an estimate? I know of upgrade paths, but I would probably prefer to buy version 3.0 in one swift blow, instead of having to upgrade 2.5 Std or Developer, if it comes to it.

I have another question: I sent a small test project to someone, so that he could check it out. For some reason his browser did not load the game, and "cannot load application" or some such notification was shown. I thought some browser setting was the problem, but is there any other reason why it might be so? A kind of security measure might be in place, I suppose.

By the way, I wanted to comment on the registration process for this forum, if you don't mind. Only by the fifth time was I registered, after sifted through the pictures for very long times, reentering information as well, wondering what exactly counts as valid images to be clicked, only to find myself not having ticked a box somewhere on the page, by which the whole process (setting a password, traversing the images to check whether you're a machine, and so on) had to be done again. What torture! May I advise you to make the process quicker, with less images to be clicked, and maybe show which things are at least required to continue? I think there was even a timer on the verifier, so even if you entered all information, it could be that the timer gets to you!

Well, I hope my time with your product will lead me to buy a full version. A friend of mine, working in the games industry, recommended it. So far, so good.

All the best.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an important question: how stable is CT Fusion?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

in no particular order... Fusion is very stable. The product has been in development for over a decade and has received a lot of bug fixes and stability improvements during that time. Nothing is crash-proof, but it's not at all common. The HTML5 issue your friend had was most likely due to HTML5 security policy. You cannot run this sort of code from a file on your PC, it has to be served from a web server in some fashion. When you run from Fusion, it provides a basic web server inside of Fusion to allow your code to run in the browser. You could get a free space like https://www.freehosting.com/free-hosting.html to place your files to share.

We can't give a date on Fusion 3 yet I'm afraid. My advice is not to hold off because of it as it will be a while yet and Fusion 2.5 remains a very solid and powerful engine - you only have to look at the growing list of games made with it: http://indiegames.clickteam.com/

The forum system will shortly be replaced and so the registration process will be a lot more modern and smoother. With reference to the Captcha images however, those are determined by Google based on their assessment of your IP address' past traffic, type of connection and more. We have it set to let Google determine the best level of security at the moment.

Thanks for trying Fusion!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon,

I did choose the build option for HTML and put it into a separate folder. I myself and someone else were able to just run it by opening the index.html file. It was the third person who could not. Yeah, I suppose it is a matter of some security setting.

About the release date of Fusion 3.0: but you can give a rough estimate, right? That's all I'm asking in this particular case, heh heh heh. Sometime this year? Sometime next year? It's just that, even if I go for 2.5 Std or Developer, I may want or need the new Fusion 3.0 features if that product is very much superior. In fact, I think that knowing its estimated arrival time and what it will be like, would even prevent me from spending money on certain other pieces of software. I suppose that, if MFA import for Fusion 3.x will be without loss and if reasonable upgrade paths will be the case, I may as well when the time is right get 2.5 Std or Developer. I heard that there will be reasonable upgrade paths. So that leaves this: will MFA import be without loss in Fusion 3.x? (There is at least one webpage I saw which did not seem to give a definite answer.)

(In any case, 2.5 has a nice old Windows look and feel to it.)

Well, so far I like what I have seen and experienced from Fusion. It is very powerful and reasonably intuitive. Only problem I had is that, upon building or running a project, an internet connection was suddenly being demanded. Why is this?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another question I had to ask. It is probably a stupid thing or perhaps I have just been looking at the screen too much being tired.

I imported an animation as a series of images. When I set some condition in the Event Editor and set the animation of some object to run, it does not run properly. It rather looks very jerky and hardly moves except once every few seconds, and then it does not even move all the way. How must it be solved? If importing animations like this does not work, then I would sadly have to seek out another engine. But surely there is probably some minor stupid issue going on.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To stop the jerking make sure your hot spot is the exact same on all the frames of the animation. Perhaps you can share your mfa so we can trouble shoot why the movement stops.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi again, I'm sorry we really cannot give any more of an answer other than "not soon" for F3 at this time. F3 will import mfa files - we don't guarantee 100% compatibly as certain functions/extensions may not be available or a few other scenarios, however we do expect most things to import successfully. Where something cannot be imported, F3 will in theory create a dummy to show what should have been there and also a full report of all issues and line numbers.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Simon:
    Thanks for all the effort and answers, Simon. I appreciate that. I understand that you will not release the estimated release information I seek. That's okay. No worries. I understand why. (And maybe I would have done the same thing.)

The only question left for now is why Fusion tries to connect to the internet upon running or building a project.

@Marv:
    Thanks for your effort. I appreciate this.

I had already thought about the pivot points or hot spots. I am probably a tired man, so I don't see the simple answer for the issue. Maybe you are able to help me better if I explain in more detail.

I made a ball image. I used Spriter to make one animation where it rolls and bounces up and down. In Spriter I set the total time, the key frames, the Y position, the whole thing. The ball rotates, and also changes in Y position to simulate bouncing (and maybe a little X position change). This all seems to work well.

I export the animation as a series of PNGs.

I import these PNGs in Fusion. It all looks well, except that it does not bounce. If the pivot points are all set in the same locations, it is smooth and it does not bounce.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Could you be more specific about connecting to the Internet? When exactly have you seen this behaviour and how are you detecting this? (I'm not aware of any such connection, so I need more information to investigate further)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really be very specific about it. It's just that at least the first time, when I built and ran a test project, my firewall suddenly notified me that Fusion (build R290.4) was trying to connect to the internet. If I recall correctly, it was an inbound connection attempt (it could have been an outbound attempt). I found it strange, because it does not seem to me as though it's the kind of software that should make any such connection upon building or running a project.

---

As for the other issue, if anyone is interesed: the pivot point is set at import at the centre. I thought about maybe unticking the crop option. I did this, and the vertical movement does not take place. It seems suppressed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast