User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New User/Evaluator of Fusion 2.5 Free

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah right. As I explained earlier, in order to run HTML5 projects, browsers require that you run from a server (local files are almost always blocked). For this Fusion sets up its own internal web server and then serves the web page with your files in it. I don't know whether it checks for the latest files for this process when doing so, but the connection you saw is related to this and nothing untoward.

The issue with your jumpy animation relates to the hotspot (what you termed the pivot point). Unless the hotspot is set to relatively the same perceptual spot on your image, it will appear this way. If you crop all images and this results in different shapes, simply centering the hotspot (which is the offset the image is drawn at) did not guarantee that it will be in the correct place.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait a minute, I don't get your response. Maybe I am foolish in this.

About the animation matter:
    We've established that setting the pivot points to the centre, whether I import them with the cropping option or not, plays back the animation properly (the rotation), EXCEPT that it does NOT move vertically (position). Shapes are correct, from the looks of it.

Perhaps this is better: what if someone else more experienced than I in matters of animation and Fusion simply uses Spriter to animate a simple rotating ball that, during the animation, goes up once and then down (as if bouncing)? Or someone could simply list here in words how he would essentially do it using Spriter and Fusion. (I don't know if anyone is available for this. I would appreciate it very much.) If this person is successful, I would look at those steps, and this would show me what I did wrong in my process.

I really like Fusion, and I was getting very much used to it quickly, which was motivating me to go all the way and just buy it already, as the program was growing more and more on me, but this setback demotivated me. I don't have much inclination to fight with it or seek out workarounds, though perhaps I must, though it may very well be something in the process I did.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The hotspot (it's not called a pivot point) needs to be in the centre of your image, not the image canvas. For example, you could have a 100x100 image with a red 50x50 square in the top left of the canvas. If you set the hotspot to the centre of the frame (50,50) then when the object displaying that image is at 0,0 - you wouldn't see anything other than one red pixel. This is because the hotspot at 50,50 would make Fusion position the bottom right corner of the image (the hotspot) at the screen coordinate 0,0. This would mean that the majority of the red square was offscreen at the top left corner.

In the same canvas, you could set the hotspot to 25,25 and the square would then be centred around the coordinate on the screen (in this case, at 0,0 you would see half of the red square). If you placed the hotspot at 0,0 and displayed the object at 0,0 you would see the whole square.

All of this is with a canvas twice as wide/high as the square image. So you can see that it is important with the hotspot to think about it as the point/offset in an image which Fusion will place the image on the screen at any given coordinate.

As such, the centre point is about perceptual centre in an image, not solely the centre of the canvas (although often these end up being the same thing). Ideally with a bouncing ball you wouldn't do it with animation, rather a movement or some code (we have basic and real-time physics engines for bouncing objects). That said, if you wanted to make a circle move up and down as though bouncing, the hotspot offers an interesting way to achieve this:

Make 4 frames, each 24x24 pixels, containing a the same basic circle image filling the 24x24 canvas, with the hotspot set to centre, bottom (12,24)

On frame 2, set the hotspot to 12, 28 (4 pixels out of the bottom of the frame)
    On frame 3, set it to 12,32 (8 pixels out of the bottom)
    Set frame 4 to the same as frame 2 (12,28)
    Set the animation to loop back to the first frame.

By manipulating the hotspot in eccentric manner, we can make the ball animate in a very basic bounce. The other way would be to have an animation with all frames sized 24x32 and the hotspot set to centre bottom for all. You could then physically move pixels in the frame to achieve the same bounce animation, by moving them up or down in 4 pixel increments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2