User Tag List

Thread: Difference between texts on Android and iOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference between texts on Android and iOS

My game is available on iOS and Android, each time i make an update i need to edit texts position and some events because the texts sizes aren't exactly the same between Windows/Android and iOS.

For example, with the font i use for my game (visitor1.ttf, size 18) on Windows and Android, a line of text is 22px height. On iOS it's around 21.6. The text is ok, it's just this line height difference that mess things.
    I would love to get the texts to work on iOS as on Windows/Android and Don't have to play with that each time i do an update.

Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A made a bug report about this being the case between exported Mac games and Windows games. Sounds like iOS and Mac exports have the exact same issue with fonts.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    My game is available on iOS and Android, each time i make an update i need to edit texts position and some events because the texts sizes aren't exactly the same between Windows/Android and iOS.

For example, with the font i use for my game (visitor1.ttf, size 18) on Windows and Android, a line of text is 22px height. On iOS it's around 21.6. The text is ok, it's just this line height difference that mess things.
    I would love to get the texts to work on iOS as on Windows/Android and Don't have to play with that each time i do an update.

Thank you.

Oh the height is entirely the way iOS interpreted the font, this also happens in HTML and inside each browser

did you try to use "Round" for this value
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Oh the height is entirely the way iOS interpreted the font, this also happens in HTML and inside each browser

did you try to use "Round" for this value
    The problem is math, only math. For example i have online scores that is a list of 100 lines. I want to highlight the player score, so i put a blue bar behind his score, i now what position to set the bar with math (position in this list * 22px (1 line height)). But as on iOS line height is different, i need to modify this formula. BUt it isn't as precise as the android version because the line height is somewhere between 21.6 and 21.7.