User Tag List

Thread: Creating a project from my 5 year old files is not working.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a project from my 5 year old files is not working.

Am back after long time of absence and am trying to finish my big project from back then. Project is for PC and Windows.

I have the latest Fusion build installed - R 292.5 and can't make it work.

Every part of the project (main app and subapps) can be opened and run separately from Fusion without problems but not when I try to run the project file with them all connected. It builds the .ccn files ok but then throws the error: "Unknown format" and then "Can't open document", 4 times(!).

It worked "back then" without problems so has something changed in how we put together a project now a days?

I'm on Win10, 64bit.

Any hints and suggestions much appreciated.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seems OK here. Are you sure the CCN files have been rebuilt with the new version ? (check their date)

I've just noticed one thing, in DirectX 11 mode the fonts you use in external sub-apps must also be in the main app, this is not normal, this will be fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves. Good to know that the procedure has not change and it ought to work still. Then I am not doing the search/detective work in vain.

Am going through every line of the programming in main app at the moment. Found 4 outdated references in "external files" in "data elements" and deleted them from the programming. Thought that was going to solve it but same issue remains.

Yes, the .ccn files are created as they should and have the right time stamp.

I still think it must have something to do with my programming around or in the subapps because when I launch the main app it fires up a new Fusion again and then the error comes. But I have no way knowing where it happens. Do I?
    Will continue searching tomorrow.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you can't find what happens you can send me your project files if you want (I've added you to my contact list so that you can send me PM but it doesn't work every time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very kind of you Yves, appreciate it a lot.
    I will go through all the parts first and see if I can figure it out. That will refresh my memory at the same time and "re-learn" how it works. But if I reach dead end I will take you up on the offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have found thus far.

I have special conditions in several stacks/apps/parts (don't know what to call it) where the program at start will open and establish the path to .ccn files. It looks similar to this:
    Execute external program Apppath$ + "clubDesk.ccn".

This apparently worked then but seems not to work now. How can I best set the relative paths to these subapps?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about the Load Application action of the subapp object? Can't check right now, far from the office, I'll check on Wednesday when I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through my old notes and thoughts around why I used subapps in the first place and it had mostly to do with computers being slower back then. My graphics were/are big and plenty. Anyway, decided to skip most of the subapps and instead bunch some of the apps together as frames. Also created .exe files of a couple of others. Are there any special cautions about using .exe files that will be called in the game? I mean Win10 seems very fidgety about everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am doing yet another test where I put everything in one app. No opening apps left and right simply jumping between frames. Then test on older computers, system and one of our previous laptops. Will see how that goes.