User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.7 - Release version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    @Wodjanoi i can not reproduce this issue here,

Could someone with a Android Pie device can test to see if it gets this behavior
    I have a device but the test file isn't available anymore. (I also didn't understand what to exactly test)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    oh this file have transparency when swiping above wallpaper the transparency is showed in samsung s not here in a nexus 7 AOSP so the idea is to see if this is something form samsung or this occurs in all android pie devices
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves@ Memory issue:
    It seems that from the version 292.7 (even 2.5+) the memory is not longer released, as happened in previous versions, causing an accumulation, that in certain situations, can cause a crash.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do you have an example that shows this problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Do you have an example that shows this problem?
    Yes, but is a huge file (444 MB), I'll send you the link privately once I finish to upload it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    I have a device but the test file isn't available anymore. (I also didn't understand what to exactly test)
    You can test any OpenGL ES 2.0 Android project/apk file.
    Make sure that you have some Active objects with increased Blend Coefficient value in the Frame.
    On your test device you could check if you see the issue(compare with my video on page 11 if you want).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : I boiled down the XInput emulation bug of joystick2 extension down to a very simple .mfa. I now can clearly confirm that joystick2 extension randomly jumps between input devices (illustrated in the example by reading out "last active joystick" to a counter). As I see it this only happens if more than one gamepad is hooked and at least one of them uses Xinput emulation (either on Steam or set up with a 3rd party software).

I've commented on the example so you can test the scenarios yourself. It even happens if the app is run outside Steam with Steam client running in the background.

This is a very ugly bug for me, as my game relies on Co-Op support, so please let me know if you guys can fix it. If not, I'll likely have to dissect joy2 in total and go with the Xbox gamepad extension only. This would render a lot of generic gamepads unusable, especially outside Steam, but I'd prefer reliable partial controller support over broken full support any time.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

From what I understand in the source code, when it gets the data from the joysticks, it checks if anything changed and if so it says "this is the last active joystick". I suspect that even if a joystick is not used some values may change a bit randomly, so this "last active joystick" expression doesn't seem reliable. It could be a design issue in the object rather than a bug.

Have you tried to use the "Ignore Control" action to ignore the joystick(s) you don't need? (or can you find a way to use it?) This way the "last active joystick" expression would return only the joysticks you have allowed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Thanks!

From what I understand in the source code, when it gets the data from the joysticks, it checks if anything changed and if so it says "this is the last active joystick". I suspect that even if a joystick is not used some values may change a bit randomly, so this "last active joystick" expression doesn't seem reliable. It could be a design issue in the object rather than a bug.

Have you tried to use the "Ignore Control" action to ignore the joystick(s) you don't need? (or can you find a way to use it?) This way the "last active joystick" expression would return only the joysticks you have allowed.
    I don't think it's a design issue, as it only happens if an XInput emulator is active. I was unclear in my statement: The assignment-flickering only occurs if there's an actual input, there's no idle-ghost input.

The ignore input action could be useful if there was a way to detect the wrong ghost input, but I've no idea how one should detect that.
    The interesting thing is, with an emulator active and two gamepads connected, joystick2 extension jumps between joystick 2 and 3 for "last input". My guess is that the XInput emulation confuses the extension and makes it think there are actually 3 devices hooked and it reads out natively PLUS the emulation in parallel, which would explain the split-second jumping. In my setup just tested, I had native Xbox hooked, plus generic USB with XInput emulation. The Xbox gamepad stopped working in total (device 1), while the generic input was jumping between device 2 and 3, resulting in an input-stutter. If I stop the emulation it recognizes device 1 and 2 regularly, without any jumping or ghost inputs.

While this bug seems at first glance to be very specific to Co-Op setups, it is actually not. It will corrupt any single player game as well if the user has more than one gamepad hooked for whatever reason and one of the devices uses a Steam configuration. I think this will be the case in many setups. As my test shows, in this case, the player's main gamepad (1) will probably stop working in total, and gamepad 2 will show a stutter-input, depending on the jumping assignment.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some more testing and have to correct my previous statement.
    After multiple connects and disconnects on XInput/ Steam emulation I got a real ghost input with joy2, the right stick randomly fired signals and pressing one button activated another in parallel. My posted test .mfa showed an idle flickering in the joystick assignment.
    This even persisted when I switched back to only one gamepad connected and when emulation got deactivated. Had to restart my machine, then joy2 behaved normal again.
    Trying multiple gamepads in a row seems to be able to break joy2 extension in total, until restart. Not good, cuz this is a typical scenario if a player has trouble with one device... he'll plug in another, and another.
    I seriously don't know what to make of this, but for me going with joy2 in its current state seems more and more like asking for guaranteed trouble on release :/

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast