User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.7 - Release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I Can't try it right now but I've used it recently. It works as I said, it saves an empty frame without objects or events. Originally iirc someone asked us this option fot not including events or something like this and later it was extended to objects (and their images).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    I found a bug in 292.5 (haven't updated to 292.6 yet) where if i click on an object in the event editor to see all the events using this object, the first event line of a group will be displayed even if it Doesn't contain any interaction with the selected object.
    Actually, I revise my previous statement. I do get this problem, but only under the following conditions:

1. I have a child event selected
    2. I click an object on the top row.
    3. I choose "open all groups", either through the menu or through a hotkey or toolbar button
    4. The previously selected child event appears, even if it has nothing to do with the object I selected

note: if I now choose "close all groups", the errant child event (and its parent group) disappears. At this stage, I can hit "open all groups", and it won't come back

This problem (or some variation of it) also exists for right-clicking and choosing "show object events" in the frame editor.

On a related note, right-clicking and choosing "show object events" for an object that's hidden in the Event Editor feels a bit broken, as it just pulls up the Event Editor with no events filtered, with the event editor in whatever horizontal position it happened to be in last time. In these situations, could it at least highlight the "hidden objects" column and/or scroll to the rightmost edge of the objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    I understand that as that particular frame, where the box isn't ticked, won't be included at all. Except that if you have any background or assets on that frame - it is included. You can try it - include a large picture on a frame - tick that box - and watch the size of your .exe or .apk increase by the size of that large picture or background - delete the background and the size of the build size goes does again.
    I don't know about .apk, but I just tried it with an EXE, and it didn't do that. The size was ~3MB when everything was included at runtime (2 frames, one of them with a giant active object in it). When I selected "don't include at build time" on the frame with the giant active, the size was 2.08, regardless whether that giant active was deleted or not

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked it up a long time ago - in one of my games - and the .exe and .apk was the same - I had the same issue on both. At the time I solved the issue by deleting that frame rather than excluding it - so there's no way I can now recreate the events. And this was all prior to 292 updates - so if Yves says his software works wonderfully - I'll take his word for it on this one :-).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I have a crash at startup with this release. See thread here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105685-Crash-with-latest-version-292-6

For the time being I have reverted to 292.5

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update: the build 292.7 will be uploaded asap, it's a crash due to the changes that were made for the effects in the build 292.6.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The build 292.7 is now available.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No crashes here anymore. That did the trick. Thanks Yves!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed that you can't create on a layer higher than Layer 50, when doing it from a Global Event. I'm assuming that, as usual, there's a solid technical reason for why this is. But in case there isn't, and it's an easy fix, could the limit be lifted? Perhaps the limit could be taken from the number of layers in the base frame?

I say this knowing full well that this would be very low priority, given that I'm probably the only weirdo who actually uses more than 50 layers. (105 at last count.....if I had to start my project over, I'd definitely try to use fewer...but it'd still probably end up more than 50)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    105 layers?

I doubt there is any "solid technical reason" to the 50 layer limit in that dialog box. I'll check.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast