User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Help Needed] "App not installed"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help Needed] "App not installed"

Hello Community,

I have Android 9 installed on my Phone. Threw together a tiny test-app and loaded the .apk on my phone.
    When I want to install it, I get the usual "Do you want to trust this source" etc etc. I agree to everything, but in the end, it says "App not installed".

I've checked several guides now on how to "disable" any phone-built-in protection services, but I have no success.

Does anyone of you have Android 9 as well and could help me out here?

Cheers,

Burian

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    to do so

Settings --> Security (check in your device) and check unknown sources

not sure if are same steps in 9, but you have to find unknown sources and check
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Fernando
    thanks for your reply! While I was reading up on that topic earlier, apparently the simple on/off switch for the unknown sources was removed with Android 8. So I can't do that :/

All the other guides I've found targeting Android 9 don't work for me either.

EDIT 1: I have an option which says "Install unknown apps". There I can specify a source. I've enabled Google Drive. But still - when I upload my .apk to Drive and try to install it from there, the process still does not work.
    EDIT 2: We've tried it on phones of two of my friends. Both have Android 7 installed and it works like a charm. So it has to be an issue on my phones side.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually when I get that error, it's because I'm trying to install an apk with a version that is lower than the one that I already have installed on my phone. Try incrementing the apk versions (both can be found in the android properties of your project) and then build it again.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    or better uninstall first and then reinstall, so you don't have to increase version, and leave the version changes for release version.

some information

How to Enable Install from unknown sources on Android Oreo:

1. First of all, enter into Settings;
    2. Click on the new Apps and Notifications menu;
    3. Go to Special Access at the bottom;
    4. Then, proceed to Install other apps which is also towards the bottom;
    5. Click on the app you want to allow or block;
    6. Tap on the switch next to Trust app from this source;
    7. After that, go back to your app, and tap on the APK file to install it. On File manager app, it’s easy, but in browsers, go to downloads section and then tap on APK file to begin its installation.

So, Google has indeed removed that Unknown Sources switch in Oreo, yet it isn’t the end of the world. Don’t worry, you can still install apps from sources other than Google Play Store.

thanks to : http://androidflagship.com/28497-enable-install-from-unknown-sources-on-android-oreo
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Fernando , hey @Nemeean_lion ,

thank you for getting back to me. I have increased the increment number, but it did not work :/
    I've found the same guide earlier regarding the unknown apps setting. I've attached a screenshot of it. I've allowed Google Drive to be a Source to allow unknown apps.
    So after creating the app, I upload it to Google Drive. From there I directly tap on it. When prompted by Play Protect I hit "Install anyway". But no success so far..
    random_numbers.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Settings - got to Security & Privacy

Right at the top is Google Play Protect - Turn that OFF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Janette5 ,
    thanks for your input! I have tried that, but it is the same outcome. The only difference was, that the Google Play Protect PopUp didn't show up. But in the end, it didn't install the app anyways.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try changing the install name.

I found that if I accidentally pressed OKAY instead of Install Anyway - it would never again install that app. I had to change the install name so that my phone no longer recognised it. (But turning off the Google Play Protect completely solved it for me.)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can you post the device model specs.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast