User Tag List

Thread: How to open a door/chest etc.?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to open a door/chest etc.?

Ok the title does sound a bit embarrasing haha but I was trying to figure out how to make stuff happen based on the player's position. I have text objects to always display my x,y,z coordinates and they all have many decimals so of course there's no way to have "Upon pressing space bar" + Player.X = 120.3344222 + Player.Y = 1.003344 + Player.Z = 192.9911223 -----> Open a door/go inside building. Do I need separate meshes for that, like checking the distance between the door mesh and the player? Or a crapload of different plane objects throughout the world that the player must stand on to be able to do stuff like that? I never thought that these things would become such a problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can either have a larger colsphere and check if it hits a door
    or you can just check your distance away from qualified objects - such as door/chest etc and activate it based on that

also you can use int(<number>) to get just a number without the .remainder or you can do any sum with a number on its own such as posx + 0 to get a number without the .remainder aswell

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just use distance to set every door's distance from the player to it's own alt value, and only allow door/chest opening if the it's own value is smaller than a certain amount. I've used this method with both firefly and p3d (and in Unity), and it's just a nice simple way of checking distances, although you might need to work height into it to stop players opening doors from too high above.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah i got it figured out. I just had to leave my 2D mind in another room :-D thanks!