User Tag List

Thread: Direct3d 11 and Sub Application Issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct3d 11 and Sub Application Issue

Hi, I have a sub application (a kind of launch screen) that when I run alone looks great. However, when I run it from the main application, the transparencies seem to get disabled.

I have tried switching Premultiplied alpha off/on which seems to work for the launcher but then at the same time messes up the look of my main application somewhat. The only way it does work fully (good transparencies on both apps) is if I set the sub application to Direct x 11 and the main app to Dircetx 9, but obviously I'd like to keep the benefits of Dx11 in my main app.

I cant find a way to switch display modes during runtime so I was wondering if anyone might have a solution for this?

I could rebuild all my art in the launcher without transparencies but that would take me a while.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you could make a simple example that shows the problem and post it here or send it to me by pm (If that works), I'll take a look on Wednesday.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yves, no worries. In the end I've just started to just re work the launch screen without any alphas. I'd need to go backwards to get you a demo now so I'm not gonna be able to send you a version. I was in a bit of a hurry to make the decision so I had to just bite the bullet. Thanks anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that there's a transparency issue with sub-application, happens in DX9 mode here too. Did not realize it before 292.5, but I could be mistaken here. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue with a simple .mfa. I tried, but it only happens in my main project. The Sub-App menu has a custom Fade in Fx, which is just a black layer on top of everything that is getting transparent. However, some objects, not everything tho, behind this layer are not shown while the fade-in happens, then suddenly pop up when the top layer reaches full transparency (255). Minor thing for me, but I'll also try to boil it down to something you can work with.