User Tag List

Thread: A 1-2 sec lag when a sound plays for the first time

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 1-2 sec lag when a sound plays for the first time

First of all, I have seen some older threads but no solution.

I noticed that just today, happens on two different computers but both with Win 10. Not caused by the last build.

Could you please take a look at a simple empty app I created and report whether you have the problem too?

When I press Space, the pauses for like 1 or sometimes even 2 seconds, and then resumes. I can see that the memory goes up by 2 MB approximately and stays so. If you restart the app (F2), it does not happen, so it seems related to loading of some sound routines..?

soundProblem.mfa

EDIT: Interestingly, it works just fine when I use "Play sample file". So the problem is related to using "Play sample"..

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, it worked right way when i pressed space *(im using latest 292.6 with sound optimize for play sample); but its got to do with loading in the file to memory; you can do something like a blank frame at the very beginning; start of frame play the sample (and all your samples); and also jump to next frame at start of frame.
    it will be loaded so you can play it immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought the DLC and it seems better but using the profiler I can see that pretty much every Play sound event takes about 20 ms - so if you have actions triggering sounds often (footsteps), it becomes noticeable, at least for me. Still it is likely there is a problem with my laptop, although it should be fast enouqh (8 GB RAM, 2,3GHz Intel i5).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the program and sound files on your local hard drive or cloud storage? If they have to be pulled from the cloud just going to be a delay on the first play of the sound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they are included and set to "Preload". As you can see in the example...but it seems to be just problem on my laptop.