User Tag List

Thread: Measuring Time While My Game Isn't Running.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Measuring Time While My Game Isn't Running.

Hi, this is just a general question on how people go about this. Looking at a lot of recent apps they are 'idle' games which generate money/points etc while you aren't playing. So, what's the best practice in Fusion for doing something like this?

The only way I could think is to get the device time itself, but then what are the security implications? What if my user changes the time on their device for example?

With internet connection I could check against Google or something but what if I don't have a connection?

I'd love to hear anyone's experience with this. I don't have a game in production doing this but it's crossed/crossing my mind

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just mark the system time in an ini file when they quit, then when they start the game, take the current time and add the time between the quit time and the next start time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. But I guess they could 'cheat' by changing the clock on their system. Or is system time innaccessible on devices like Android or iOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obfuscate the Ini file so even if they changed it they wouldn't know what they were changing. Without the app running you can't take the time, if you loaded a secret second app to keep track it would be naughty and would have to go on again on restart of computer. You could compare internet time but you'd need a constant address you could ensure would always work forever. Would this be an internet only app that works only if connected?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to save two values to ini.

Save: timestamp + md5(timestamp+secret password).

When you load the time you need to check if the timestamp agrees with md5(timestamp+password) if so then the time has not been modified and you can use it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Thanks. This protects the start time from modification in the code but I guess if my user can access the system time in some way then it doesn't really matter if the start time cant be changed because I could just set my end time to way off into the future. (And the difference will still be massive).

Of course, if system time can't be changed on these devices then this is a non issue.