User Tag List

Thread: Help? Default icon appears for Mac build after changing it in application properties

Clicker SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help? Default icon appears for Mac build after changing it in application properties

Hey guys! So I'm building an app for the Mac. I've changed the icons in Application Properties "About" section AND in the Application Properties "Mac Options" section. And yet, when I build the application, I still get the standard lightning bolt. I found this thread where a guy had the same issue:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103010-App-icon-disappearing-when-building?highlight=icon

It seems like he found a work around, but I'm not sure I understand. He "copied and pasted that icon through the info screens." Which info screens? The ones I just made edits in? How would copy-pasting there be different? Is it the file type?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're talking about changing the icon via the inspector (right click/control clicking on the finished app, clicking 'get info' and pasting over the existing icon)

Here's an example video doing this.

It's been a while since I last exported from the Mac editor though - I *think* when I Airdropped the file from one mac to another to check, it preserved the icon, but downloading it after I uploaded it to itch.io didn't.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think something has changed some time ago in Xcode and they now store the icon in an asset catalog, probably at some point we recompiled the Mac runtime with a newer version of Xcode and this is when this issue happened. I've tried a few things, but it doesn't seem easy to fix, this might take some time.

The solution (other than the one mentioned above) is to generate a Mac Xcode Project and build it with Xcode on Mac. In this case the icon is correctly integrated into the assets catalog.