User Tag List

Thread: Checkboxes in menu can't be unchecked

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checkboxes in menu can't be unchecked

Whenever I create a custom item in the menu, there is no way to get it functioning as a checkbox. If I don't set it to "checked" it acts as a normal button, but if I do set it to "checked", it will always be checked no matter what. Clicking it and coming back to the menu shows nothing changed. I tried to use the event editor to forcefully check it, but that didn't work either. Am I missing something I have to do, either in the name of the menu item or one of the settings, which is causing the menu to not work?
    (In the video, the "off" and "on" buttons for effects are supposed to be changing the menu option)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You have full control over your custom menu options.

You simply use the actions under 'Special Conditions' to apply check/uncheck where applicable.

For example:
    Flag 0 = On: Check Menu Item
    Flag 0 = Off: Uncheck Menu Item

The actions are under Special Conditions which is the first icon usually in the event editor, under the icon with the cogs... the it's down to Application Menu

So to toggle the check/uncheck, you create events that listen for the user selecting these items in the menu, then set your flag on/off in the above example.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You have full control over your custom menu options.

You simply use the actions under 'Special Conditions' to apply check/uncheck where applicable.

For example:
    Flag 0 = On: Check Menu Item
    Flag 0 = Off: Uncheck Menu Item

The actions are under Special Conditions which is the first icon usually in the event editor, under the icon with the cogs... the it's down to Application Menu

So to toggle the check/uncheck, you create events that listen for the user selecting these items in the menu, then set your flag on/off in the above example.
    Thanks for the help! I was able to use the events to get the effect I wanted, but I was still not able to get the clicking to work. I realize the order of the events are what are screwing up the menu. If I put the command to uncheck the item above the command to check it, it will uncheck and then check the option every time, which results in it always being checked. If I flip the events, then it does the opposite, forcing the item to always be unchecked. How would I be able to order it to have the event not do both at once?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ahh yes, this is because Fusion is rendering both events in the same frame (or tick). If your game is running at 60fps, it will render the event sheet at 60 times per second. So if you deactivate in one event and then activate on another, it will render true in both, thus negating the effect.

You would have to toggle a flag, this way it will take a full frame (tick) to perform, thus not rendering the mouse click and the flag in the same event (if that makes ANY sense - only had 1 coffee thus far)

I will get a tutorial video up today on it.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://clickfusion.academy/custom-m...am-fusion-2-5/

Here you go Hope this explains it a little better (I also had more coffee too)