User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to set up 8-directional movement with Xbox controller?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We've fixed a part of those issues (for Dark Devotion), there was an incompatibility between Steam custom joystick configurations and the "Sync with MMF" option of Joystick 2, as Steam for some reason changes the joystick IDs in some APIs and not all.

The updated version of Joystick 2 can be downloaded from the Extension Manager, I've just uploaded it.

Though it seems there are still issues with some custom configs. I don't know which ones, we didn't get precise reports yet.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just see your post Julian82, the updated version of Joystick2 shouldn't fix anything in Aggelos as AFAIK it doesn't use "Sync with MMF".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : I do not sync Outbuddies as well and get issues on Steam. I'll install the latest version of joy2 and report my findings. Thanks for your hard work, guys

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you can give us instructions to reproduce the problems and a simple MFA that would help A LOT.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't Steam have an input wrapper now? DirectInput devices should work on XInput-only games.

Can't confirm this right now, but that would render Joystick2 obsolete as far as Steam releases go.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @raxabit : Yes, if your gamepad is emulated as Xbox on Steam, Xbox extension will work. That's why I think one should at least implement an Xbox readout next to joy2 atm.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : Here are some findings for the current version of joy2, I'll see if I find a time slot to create a separate .mfa for testing, but I cannot promise atm cuz I've some daunting deadlines to fulfill.

Xbox gamepad object: Will always work correctly, key rebinding on Steam included, for both real Xbox controllers and devices emulated as Xbox input, also a combination of both is good

Joy2: For only ONE gamepad connected + Steam configuration, it now seems to read out correctly for any device I checked (checked Xbox, PS4 and a generic gamepad)

Joy2: If 2 gamepads are connected and at least one of them is no real Xbox controller (but some other device emulated as Xbox), one of the controllers will randomly stop working or provide false inputs, while the other one still works.
    Very important: This issue will appear outside the Steam environmet too, for example if you connect Xbox controller plus PS4 controller with DS4 emulation.

I also tested the following cases for Joy2 with Steam configuration enabled.
    Xbox + Xbox: OK
    Xbox + PS4: Fail
    PS4 + Generic: Fail
    Xbox + Generic: Fail

Conclusions:

With the present controller emulation options provided on Steam, @raxabit ist right. If a readout pattern using Xbox gamepad object is implemented, players will get their devices to work within Steam. Joy2 seem obsolete and may produce severe issues if more than one gamepad is connected and Steam configuration is enabled. It seems to work fine for only one connected device tho.

Outside the Steam environment and its emulation options, Joy2 is still needed to support generic controllers. In case more than one gamepad is connected, and at least one of them is emulated as Xinput, the same issues as on Steam may occur.

Joy2 extension seems to have a specific problem with multiple gamepads that use Xinput emulation.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This MFA is what I used to get 8-directional kind of the same way the keyboard does it. My problem is that when I use the keyboard controls, obstacles work fine; but when I use XBOX, collisions don't always work.

Controls for keyboard have been changed to:
    E - Up
    D - Down
    A - Left
    F - Right

Top Down.mfa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2