User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Global events import object not working?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, the easy workaround is to have a Never event with Create all the objects I need, and this event I copy to the frames I need.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizna View Post
    For me, the easy workaround is to have a Never event with Create all the objects I need, and this event I copy to the frames I need.
    I tried this but the problem with this is, if you modify the object from the master level, it breaks the event.
    For example

Lets say your level 1 has the objects you want for all the other levels
    Copying the never event will work unless you decide to change or modify objects on the master level later on.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I tested it

So
    Create two frames. Frame 1 is base frame with active object 1
    Frame 2 has a never create event for active object 1 from Frame 1

So, you can place active object 1 in frame 2 and any frame the never event is then copied to. But, lets say I decide to add a alterable value to Active object 1. It wont carry over to the other frames OR the never create event(which has to be recreated each time you make a change to the base object)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scynscyn View Post
    Yea I tested it

So
    Create two frames. Frame 1 is base frame with active object 1
    Frame 2 has a never create event for active object 1 from Frame 1

So, you can place active object 1 in frame 2 and any frame the never event is then copied to. But, lets say I decide to add a alterable value to Active object 1. It wont carry over to the other frames OR the never create event(which has to be recreated each time you make a change to the base object)
    Did you set Active object 1 to be a global object? To automatically have changes made to the object carry over to all the frames it is in you need to have it be a global object.

1. Create two frames like you said, and create Active object 1 in the first frame.

2. Set Active object 1 to be a global object.

3. In frame 1 create the event
    Code:
    * Never
    	New Objects : Create Active at (#,#) layer #
    4. Copy Active object 1 and paste it into frame 2 (or any additional frame you want)

5. Copy the Never Create event from frame 1 and paste it into the events of frame 2 (or any additional frame you want).

6. (If you want the object to remain physically present and visible within the frame, you can skip this step.) In frame 2, select the Active object 1 that you pasted in step 4 and delete it. It will no longer be physically present in the frame, but should still be listed in the frames list of objects as well as in the event editor for frame 2. In the event editor of frame 2, Active object 1 should still be listed in the Never Create event and NOT have a shortcut arrow in the corner of its image. As long as you do not delete this event from the events of frame 2, Active object 1 will technically be present in frame 2.

7. Go back to frame 1 and add some alterable values to the Active object 1 physically present in the frame.

8. Go to frame 2 and click on Active object 1 in the frames list of objects to view its properties (or if you did not delete it in step 6, simply select the object inside frame 2). You should see that it contains the new alterable values or other changes you made to it in frame 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2