User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Global events import object not working?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global events import object not working?

Under global events, when I create or launch an object(from another object), you are given two options:
    1. Create/launch object from frame
    2. Import object(from presumably the other levels)

However option 2 does not work unless a copy of the object exists on the frame I am trying to create/launch it. Which begs the question , what is the import for?

In regular events you can create or launch an object from another frame without needing a copy of it to exist on the event frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried setting the base frame?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> In regular events you can create or launch an object from another frame without needing a copy of it to exist on the event frame.

Nope, wrong. When you add a Create object action for an object that doesn't exist in the frame, an invisible copy of the object is created in the frame (you can see the object in the frame's object list). The object must exist in the frame before you can create it. Just add a copy of the object and unselect its "Create at start" property if you don't want it to be created when the frame starts.

The Import tab just displays the list of object names used in the application and not yet used in the global events. When you build the app, the global events are added to the frame events and the events that refer to objects that aren't in the frame are removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    >> In regular events you can create or launch an object from another frame without needing a copy of it to exist on the event frame.

Nope, wrong. When you add a Create object action for an object that doesn't exist in the frame, an invisible copy of the object is created in the frame (you can see the object in the frame's object list). The object must exist in the frame before you can create it. Just add a copy of the object and unselect its "Create at start" property if you don't want it to be created when the frame starts.

The Import tab just displays the list of object names used in the application and not yet used in the global events. When you build the app, the global events are added to the frame events and the events that refer to objects that aren't in the frame are removed.
    So its impossible to create object A from frame 1 into frame 2, frame 3, frame 4, ...frame 100, without having to add it to each frame?. I know about the create at start. I just dont want to paste the object/s for every frame I create.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Have you tried setting the base frame?
    Yes. No luck

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scynscyn View Post
    So its impossible to create object A from frame 1 into frame 2, frame 3, frame 4, ...frame 100, without having to add it to each frame?. I know about the create at start. I just dont want to paste the object/s for every frame I create.
    Yes, the object must exist in the frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify - if my Active Object is set as a Global Object, and I have an event in the Global Event Editor to create it somewhere, this event will not work unless that Active Object is added to the frame currently being run? This is one of the last remaining "pain points" that exists in Fusion 2.5...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Progject View Post
    To clarify - if my Active Object is set as a Global Object, and I have an event in the Global Event Editor to create it somewhere, this event will not work unless that Active Object is added to the frame currently being run? This is one of the last remaining "pain points" that exists in Fusion 2.5...
    Yeah...considering I paid for the developer version + recent dlc+, I thought such needed functionality would already exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes, the object must exist in the frame.
    Can this be added at some point?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know at all, it doesn't seem easy to do at first glance, it's not at all how Fusion works. And this would be a possible source of issues if you have different objects with the same name in several frames.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast