User Tag List

Thread: Bouncing ball deceleration... bug or what?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bouncing ball deceleration... bug or what?

So I have this particle moving around using bouncing ball movement. It's set to speed of 1 and deceleration of 0. When I start the frame this works great. It slowly moves in a random direction forever.

If I try to change the deceleration and speed with an event being triggered, then this also works. The particle speeds up and then decelerates to a stop.

The issue is that when I try to then set the speed back to 1 and deceleration to 0, the particle starts moving again but then it decelerates and stops? It doesn't appear that I can touch the deceleration value and then set it back to 0 or something. Not sure why it's behaving like this.

I would think that setting the speed back to 1 and deceleration back to 0 would mean it would move at the speed of 1 forever. But instead it moves for a short distance and then stops permanently.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's something built into Fusion - the deceleration triggers even when set to 0. The only way to overcome it is to use an always event - for example

Always == set object speed = 1
    or
    Object speed < 1 == set speed = 1
    or
    Flag 0 is on == set speed = 1

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm nope... doesn't work either. Even in the debugger it shows the object's movement as Speed = 1 and Deceleration = 0 yet it's totally just sitting there stopped.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a speed of 2 - I can keep it constant even if I stop and start it again - so you'd probably solve your problem by changing your speed to 2 or 3.

When it picks up a real speed of 1 - the object does appear to be stopped and doesn't move. I noticed at the start the object will sometimes move - but sometimes it won't. The speed of 1 seems to be a problem for Fusion.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It appears that there is an issue with the bouncing ball movement. I found out that you can't really set a deceleration of 0, doing this is equivalent to setting a deceleration of 1. It's easily noticeable with the attached example.
    This explains why the object stops immediately when you set it at speed 1 and deceleration 0.

The second issue (minor) is that the deceleration expression returns 0 unless you set it by action.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed an issue with the bouncing ball movement as well, I tried to create a screensaver of an object bouncing randomly. After a few minutes, the bounce becomes predictable and it just bounces in the same two directions every time. This happens on every runtime, but I know I used the movement back in the Fusion 1 days without this issue.

Bouncing Ball movement definitely needs some TLC.