User Tag List

Thread: Platform Movement: Active Objects Not Always Colliding

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platform Movement: Active Objects Not Always Colliding

I am setting up a "bridge" the crumbles as an active object (Platform movement) crosses.

If the active object "bounces" on the bridge, it crumbles properly. If the player moves across the bridge without jumping, the player collides for the purposes of not falling through (collide with bridge = stop), but does not appear to collide and make the bridge crumble (collide with bridge = Bridge speed [down] increases). I've tried searching for this and haven't found anything on this specific problem.

Attached is a simple two line example of the problem. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you switch the command to: Player is overlapping Crumbling Floor (instead of the collision event) then it works.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply

I changed the code to overlapping and that does cause the floor to crumble correctly, but the player cannot "bounce" on the falling blocks. I slowed the speed of the blocks down to make sure they weren't falling faster than the player, and the player will pass through the falling blocks as they move downward.

I also tried adding a line with the original (collision = player) stops & blocks fall as well as adding the same with a second condition (blocks speed >0) with no success.

Is there a way to have the blocks to fall when the player passed over them and also allow the player to "platform bounce" off the blocks as they fall?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your player moves slowly with the blocks because the overlap code is running all the time and that is stopping him - and stopping his gravity and would probably stop everything else.

Your speed and gravity is set high so if you take that away he falls too fast for the player to be able to react.

One way of overcoming it is to activate and deactivate groups - so that the overlap code runs only once and you can change the speed and gravity of the player when he is falling to slow him down. I've amended your example to show this.